Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter Refused Attn: Berta

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

To all on the board, Especially Berta

I sent in a NOD to the ST.Louis,MO VARO & got it back & sticker on it said REFUSED.

Called them & they said " Oh, we never do that" so I say " But, I have it here in my hand"

Was a return to sender sticker & had other choices on it such as incorrect address,etc. but the Refused one is marked.

Called the 1,000 # & they said " No. we don't refuse any mail " & I say " But, I have it in front of me, want me to send U a copy?"

Needless to say I sent in another NOD & will call in a couple of weeks & make sure they have it if it doesn't come back refused.

BERTA, do U think I should send a copy of this to my Congressman or something on that order.

Thanks,

GARY

gdsnide

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you had waited until the last minute to send in the NOD and they returned it to you past the one year deadline I bet you would be in hot water. Even though it is their mistake I think the VA would tell you that your appeal was dead. This is how these people do things. They make gross mistakes and want you to pay for it. You just cannot believe anything they tell you unless it is in writing and then you need to take a second look.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can get to the VARO you better go and make copies of everything including the refusal.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

To all on the board, Especially Berta

I sent in a NOD to the ST.Louis,MO VARO & got it back & sticker on it said REFUSED.

Called them & they said " Oh, we never do that" so I say " But, I have it here in my hand"

Was a return to sender sticker & had other choices on it such as incorrect address,etc. but the Refused one is marked.

Called the 1,000 # & they said " No. we don't refuse any mail " & I say " But, I have it in front of me, want me to send U a copy?"

Needless to say I sent in another NOD & will call in a couple of weeks & make sure they have it if it doesn't come back refused.

BERTA, do U think I should send a copy of this to my Congressman or something on that order.

Thanks,

GARY

Here is my opinion, If you have a scanner or know someone who has access to one, Scan it into your computer. Email your congressman the whole story and send him the scanned article. Ask him for assistance if not direct intervention. The clerk that sent it back thinks they are being clever. It is all a part of the game that these people are allowed to play with the lives of veterans. Anything to get the blood pressure raised. ( They are banking on a Mi or stroke to occur)

I would call the 800# right away and call them every day for the next week to make sure they got it-they always document receipt of a NOD on their PCs(or at least they should)

If it doesn't seem to be there I would-if I were you- go to the VA web site- to the Query Section and click on service complaint and your state and tell them what happened.

Many many years ago they said they didnt receive something important from me- I had the PO cards and everything-

somehow I got hold of the VARO mail room- made a fuss- and they found my evidence package stuck behind a file cabinet.

Then again I had to send my husband's autopsy to them 4-5 times-when I had a Sec 1151 claim. It was definitely to their advantage to keep losing that.

I think this is a mail room problem -in your case-and not a VARO problem.

Berta,

Have no idea how many times U have helped me but will always be in your debt.

I will do as U have advised.

Thank U Thank U very much.....................................

GARY

gdsnide

Berta,

Have no idea how many times U have helped me but will always be in your debt.

I will do as U have advised.

Thank U Thank U very much.....................................

GARY

THANK YOU Gary!

For what you went through with your claim -you are an inspiration to me---and to many others at the old board I am sure-

I sure remember that hard road you travelled! And you succeeded! Berta