VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heart Surgery connected to High Blood pressure?

Rate this question

Steve40th

Question

Hello, A couple years ago , 3/2020, I had heart surgery. Had a 99% block in LDA. Thank God I have three artery's vice two, at least my cardiologist was saying it was a good thing.

Anyways, I retired in 2012, Oct. I was service connected for blood pressure and of course have been on meds for years, years before even getting out. Cholesterol was high, and they put me on statin, then another med for calcium control. 

Is the Heart surgery something I should notify my VSO about. Blood pressure hasnt changed any, cholesterol is down due to diet and meds.. 

• HadIt.com Elder

How about Vioxx?  That stuff caused heart attacks and they go sued over it. I think Motrin is potentially really bad stuff.  It will kill your gut if you take it long term.  If you do your research you may find many connections for high blood to many conditions.  I have a long list of secondary conditions for DMII.  You get your sugar tested?  If your sugar is over 126 when you get blood test the VA says you have DMII.  Have you looked into Burn Pit disabilites?  VA simply does not give a shit about chemical exposures.  You have to stick it up their asses.

No VIOXX. 

Sugar level is good, not even pre diabetic according to doctors. 

Cardiologist said I was in good shape as I had collaterals already bypassing clot. Plus, I had a third artery feeding me.. One extra..

• HadIt.com Elder

Steve    That's good but don't let that stop you from making a claim.  I got a zero rating for my heart.  I appealed it and got 60%.  I am not sure exactly why but whose complaining.  When you make a claim you just can't predict how it will turn out.  The worst they can do is deny it and then you appeal and appeal.  Those who persist get the golden apple .  If you could get a high rating with your retirement you would be set.  I got retirement from USPS and with SSA and VA I do all right.  I could not make it on just 100% from the VA.  That covers my credit card bill since I put everything on it.  You know if you can get a disability insurance policy they can be golden.  I got one 30 years ago. When I became disabled I made a claim.  I have been getting benefits from the insurance for 20 years.  You have to plan for these things because you never know.