Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Motion For Advancement on The Docket.

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Update

Well, I broke down and got tired of the miss information from the VA. Over the past several years, I have called and submitted IRIS inquiries to try to get more information about the completion of my BVA grant/remand. I was told on multiple occasions that I just had to wait my turn. So, I decided to write a signed letter to the BVA to see what they would say. It appears that the Board agrees that my appeal warrants an Advancement on The Docket. Now the wait to see if the Board will agree that my arguments for my EEDs will go through. 

“After a review of your file, the Board finds that your motion for an earlier docket number meets the criteria set forth in Vargas-Gonzalez V. Principi, 15 Vet. App. 222 (2001). Accordingly, the current docket number is now ??-????? 

A judge is reviewing your appeal. 

Decision Soon. 

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1 hour ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

how do you check these things? VA website doesn't reflect anything and I dont want to be super annoying with weekly phone calls. 

Believe it or not and I do not know what is going on with the BVA/VA, but the BVA sent me a text informing me that they had just made their latest decision.  I never got that before and when I called the NCC (National Call Center) they even sent me an email of the decision without waiting the ten (10) business days. Wished I was given a proper rating. 

4 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Believe it or not and I do not know what is going on with the BVA/VA, but the BVA sent me a text informing me that they had just made their latest decision.  I never got that before and when I called the NCC (National Call Center) they even sent me an email of the decision without waiting the ten (10) business days. Wished I was given a proper rating. 

wow, a text from the BVA? sounds like a scam lol. this was within 30-90 days you said after AOD, right? Do you think i'd have any benefit calling NCC? I called bva today and the guy seemed more willing to tell me more than anyone else has. I would just like to know how/when i'll see an update being i was approved AOD 30 days ago.

3 hours ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

wow, a text from the BVA? sounds like a scam lol. this was within 30-90 days you said after AOD, right? Do you think i'd have any benefit calling NCC? I called bva today and the guy seemed more willing to tell me more than anyone else has. I would just like to know how/when i'll see an update being i was approved AOD 30 days ago.

I know very little about scams, but I think you would have to respond/reply to their text/email/call and when I got the text, I called the 1 (800) 827-1000 number and they were the ones that emailed me a copy of my last BVA decision. As stated, the BVA sent me the text not me contacting them. Yes, within the last 90 (ninety) days, I would call and checkup about every two weeks or so or when I felt that the VA was taking too long. Prior to my text, each time I contacted the VA, I was told that my appeal was still being reviewed.  

Two of my recent granted/approved BVA appeals were advanced on the docket due to my age over 75 and in the first instance the OSA appeal was granted within a few months from notice of advancement.  In the last most recent instance, my heart disease increase appeal was granted within 5 weeks from notice of advancement.  Good luck.

5 hours ago, Dustoff1970 said:

Two of my recent granted/approved BVA appeals were advanced on the docket due to my age over 75 and in the first instance the OSA appeal was granted within a few months from notice of advancement.  In the last most recent instance, my heart disease increase appeal was granted within 5 weeks from notice of advancement.  Good luck.

thanks for the reply.