Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A simple solution

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

Since I have been recieving about a 50/50 pro/con arguement in my private messages the last two days, I have come up with what I believe is a simple solution.

1.  No forum names, only real names.  So your displayed name would be your real name, not a made up name like "SGT Rock", etc.  It eliminates bogus posters.  I am on a vintage equipment forum that you have to use your real name and what town you live in.  It keeps you honest and that site has many more members then HADIT, so there is still participation.  No BS.

2.  Allow posting of all and any official documents, with a signiture, like we do now (but secectively), with court decisions and board decisions, etc. 

By the way, what I posted was a board decision, signed by a real person, not something I heard on a phone call.

For those that would opose using their real names, well, stand in my shoes for a day, and then tell me why I should be the only one.

Carl Bacon aka Hamslice

2 answers to this question

To be honest I could care less if anyone knew my real name or not.  I have actually posted decision letters and did not omit my real name on this very forum.   I only removed my ssn and address.    There are others here as well that have had their real names posted.  Otherwise what is the big deal?  I am not a wanted fugitive. If I was I should stay off the web anyway.

• Founder

No Hamslice we are not changing the names members can use. I truly am sorry that someone gave out your name, there is no proof of where the information came from.

This is not a one issue board. I am sorry you are so unhappy. You can choose to stay or to go but I am done with this topic.