Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Office Depot 20%

Here it is the Home Depot discount and how to sign up just down load the PDF 

Home Depot Discouts for Retired Actived and Veterans.pdf

I am not a lawyer so take my opinions with a grain of salt...

If I had listened to the nay sayers, I would never have acheived any ratings after I was awarded TDIU in 1999. Now I have not one but two 100% ratings, a TDIU  and 4 SMC awards !  I say JUST GO For It

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Albert Einstein.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, Richard1954 said:

Well here in Killeen Texas they have stopped all 10% discounts, 

The Lowe's discount is a corporate thing. The individual stores should not be allowed to deny it. You have to enroll for the discount through ID.me and it will show up on your online account so you can order through the website or app and get the discount. If you do it in store they just type in your phone number and you show an ID for the discount. If they are denying it at the store level then you should report it to corporate.  

https://www.lowes.com/military/validation

On 6/13/2022 at 7:44 PM, Richard1954 said:

go to home depot and sign up for a 10% discount for active, retired, & veteran once your in the system you get the discount.

Lowes stoped  the 10% discount, and lost  a lot of people as customers, they claim they still give everyone a 5% discount but I see no proof of that.

Lowe's still gives the 10% for military, but they did stop giving the discount of sale or marked down items and they added a lot of restrictions. For now, Home Depot still gives the discount on all items even if they are on sale, well at least they still did a couple of weeks ago. 

I bought a mini fridge for my garage a couple of weeks ago that was on sale for $209. I didn't have a Home Depot credit card so I signed up for one and they gave me $100 off and still gave me the military discount. By the time all discounts were taken, I ended up paying $89 for the fridge. 

Got a card from Lowes few years ago and it has the discount on it.  I just scan it when checking out.  Maybe they don't give out the cards anymore?  Stopped asking for it at Home Depot.  Got to be too much of a hassle to get it.  Mostly only shop at Lowes now.

43 minutes ago, spirit_grt said:

Got a card from Lowes few years ago and it has the discount on it.  I just scan it when checking out.  Maybe they don't give out the cards anymore?  Stopped asking for it at Home Depot.  Got to be too much of a hassle to get it.  Mostly only shop at Lowes now.

I've never gotten a card before from Lowe's. They do verification now through ID.me I think. I just give the my phone number and the discount is applied. 

Now Home Depot has the verification process too. Through the app, it gives a bar code to scan at a register or self checkout and the discount is applied. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use