Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting forever for RO defered TDIU claim

Rate this question

capitan

Question

Over 7 months ago I got a letter from the RO. It stated "We're working on your claim". I had put in a claim for TDIU. I'm 70% with 50% PTSD, 20% cancer residuals. The letter said PTSD will remain 50%, and TDIU is deferred. I had been sent to several C&P exams and told them due to my service connected disabilities, I'm unable to work. Since then, I have gotten a new VSO and also submitted a claim for Hypothyroidism. Does anybody know when I might know something? 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Can you get an IMO to say due to your PTSD you can't work?  This is when your own shrink can work wonders. You can't depend on the VA since not one of their shrinks is ever going to say you can't work or you are totally disabled.  You have enough to get TDIU, but you must convince them you cannot work solely due to your SC conditions.  You do this with medical evidence.

Not sure of the time frame but normally adding a new claim to an existing claim could cause further delays. The VA will order new medical exams before making a decision. You can try the White House Hotline to see if they can help or check the status of your claim.

White House VA Hotline:  1-855-948-2311.

White House VA Hotline - Veterans Experience Office (VEO)

• HadIt.com Elder

I was unable to work.  I had SSDI.  The VA denied me TDIU the first time.  I got a doctor who was spouse of my lawyer to write me a report to say the obvious.  I got my TDIU.  I think they had a hardon for me because I complained so often about shoddy C&P exams.  Usually, you have to spell it out for them via medical or vocational rehab evidence.

My question was, Does anybody know when I might know something. I read the average wait time for TDIU decisions is 8 months. I don't know, but it's been over 7 months now. Spoke with my VSO. He reccomends leaving the claim as is. They know the criteria for my SC conditions. The reasonable conclusion is they are debiltating and work preventive.  He said seeing another doc could be risky and I might get a negative diagnosis.