Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Optomistic C&p Today

Rate this question

gbennett

Question

I had my very first C&P today with the Ortho Doctor in ALBQ. and I feel I was treated with a lot of respect and professionalism. We reviewed my mediacl reports from 1985 and He tested my motion ranges as he should and when he was done He told me he fully agreed with the findings of a herniated disc ( L4-L5 ) vertebrea and the civilian diagnosis of degenerative arthritis in my spine. He also said in his opinion it was definately service connected. Mostly because of my militery medical record. I was going to ask him why the VA denied the claim 15 years ago when the Navy made me retire after 20+ years for the same diagnosis but he was being very professional and I didn't want to piss him off.

I have read of so many bad reports about C&P exams I was surprised how well it went. Right now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me because of worrying about today. I just hope my appeal moves along faster and the VA pays attention to the C&P Doc and I get service connected and maybe I won't have to pay for every visit to the local clinic and they will quit billing me for my six week stay at the PTSD clinic in the Denver VARMC last year.

I am hoping that I don't get my hopes shattered, because I need some good news.

Sorrry if I rambled on

Gordon

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You nevereally know abnout a C&P till you read it. I am glad you feel that you got a good one. That helps it really does.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Good luck! I am very poor at "reading" the evaluators. I never know and it has become my nature to assume the worst.

Did you drop by the Realease of Info office and request copies sent to your address? I got mine a couple of weeks or so after my last C & P, at least I know what the VARO is looking at, because I won't hear from them for awhile.

If the "hadites" can excuse my long anxious ramblings, your posts are no problem!

Gary