Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay

Rate this question

lee.edwards

Question

Greetings 

My legacy remanded claims (Docket 11-12 911) was Granted by BVA Law Judge on 23 May 2022. My 100 percent P&T was backdated from 2015 to 2009. Will there be an audit before retro pay?

Best Regards 

Chiefhouse00 

Greetings! How long does it normally take to complete another audit? It took over a month to do the 2018 audit. Hopefully this will be a good wait.

Best Regards 

Chiefhouse00 

I have seen timing from just a few days, to a year or longer.  My advice is to get a hobby, such as fishing, or something else you love.  

There is an old adage, "a watched teapot never boils".  So do something else you love, and, before you know it, you wake up and the money is there.  

One option is to carefully decide "what to do with the money".  

Since you probably dont know the exact amount, mine looked like this, done years before it arrived:

Plan A. Retro Under 25k

Pay off bills, save 3k, invest 5k in a,b, c and save the rest.  

Plan B. Retrun 25-50 k.  

Give person A, $, Take a trip to Hawaii, invest 20k, save 5 k, etc etc. 

Plan C. 50-100k. 

Buy a new Silverado 4 by 4 for 50k, ...etc. etc...use your wants and desires and your wisdom.  

I like to even plan investments, research companies, dividends, etc.  I know that I wont be getting more retro, so I invest what little I have carefully.  

Greetings! Let me ask this question so to get a better understanding: If I was awarded 30% in 2000 for three years (2000-2004). The Grant increased that rating to 40%.  Would I get the difference? 

Best Regards 

Chiefhouse00 

Greetings 

I would love to take my wife on a trip back to Hawaii and spend at least 30 days or more. Thanks on the money investment tips. Technology has drastically improved over the years so retro pay and other audits should be alot quicker. Right!

Best Regards

Chiefhouse00