Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

In home ILP assessment questions presented to me

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

Today I received a listing of 82 questions  from the guy who was assigned to do my ILP in home assessment.  He also wanted me to list all my disabilities  explain what each  condiiton means ,  and provide the rating.   The last part should already be available to him thru the va. Anyway  has any one receive or answered these types of question for an ILP.  I think some questions are too personal for this program. I think these are his questions, they are not on a va form. I think they should be asking questions that actually pertians to the veteran, not a listing of generic questions, which do not apply to all veteaans.   See the attached. I tried to block out the guys name and number if you can still read them please ignore them. If you print them out, plese blacken out the name and number again, before you pass it around. Anyway  I do not want this to come back and haunt me.

ILP assessment questions.pdf

Edited by Richard1954
as always edited for spelling

I am not a lawyer so take my opinions with a grain of salt...

If I had listened to the nay sayers, I would never have acheived any ratings after I was awarded TDIU in 1999. Now I have not one but two 100% ratings, a TDIU  and 4 SMC awards !  I say JUST GO For It

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Albert Einstein.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• Greeter

I should have my ILP assessment coming up as well. I will provide my results with you as well. So far the only thing I have done is the initial questions on the ILP assessment. They were generic question rating your condition from 4-0 and explain the difficulty from 3 and below. I just read the assessment questions and I personally don’t like the financial questions as I find that to be intrusive.

Edited by Dot09

58 minutes ago, Dot09 said:

I personally don’t like the financial questions as I find that to be intrusive.

I did too and I will not answer them. Its not necessary for this benefit.

If I had listened to the nay sayers, I would never have acheived any ratings after I was awarded TDIU in 1999. Now I have not one but two 100% ratings, a TDIU  and 4 SMC awards !  I say JUST GO For It

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Albert Einstein.

I have withdrawn from the ILP. here is a copy of the mesage I sent to the counselor who was to do the assessment.

I have decided to withdraw from the ILP.

I am a private person, I keep my information private.

This listing of questions is too invasive concerning my finances,  other personal information, and family information.

I never expect to have to go thru such an assessment,  having to  invite a stranger into our home , and I simply will not do it.

When I signed up for this program,  I don’t remember anyone saying I would have to do such an assessment.

As far as I am concerned this is another way for the VA to discourage  veterans from signing up for an ILP, that they really don’t want to provide.

Cancel the Friday assessment,  I have sent an email to the VA telling them I quit the program.

• Founder

I wonder what would happen if you just answered the questions you didn't want to answer with something like Not Relevant or something like that and only answered the questions you wanted to.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

On 6/15/2022 at 10:08 AM, Tbird said:

I wonder what would happen if

I asked my counselor  the same question, in fact I sent her a copy of the questions. she called me and told me that while she though they were asking for stuff that made no sence she  indicated these are the types of questions that are always asked. She indicated the person doing the home study has the authority to ask any questions. Apparently the va doesn't have set questions. This is another example of what is wrong with the ILP . when veterans are not treated the same, from RO to RO. This has been a big problem with this program for a long time.