Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I got my letter from the va

Rate this question

Remisdad

Question

I was granted smc k, an auto allowance, & loss of use of left hand. Now I filed another claim at the same time as this one & it was a supplemental for my tdiu claim. In the letter for my claim increase it says tdiu is deferred for medical opinion. Did they combine my claim increase & my supplemental claim?  Also is a c&p examination not a medical opinion. My claim increase is also still at evidence gathering instead of closed. The lady at IRIS didn't understand why that was. Just trying to understand what the va is doing. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated thanks. 

Also sometimes the examiner does not ask the correct questions or provide the information initially requested by the VARO rater and therefore a new exam is ordered at the inconvenience to the vet.  Known as incomplete C&P exam due to examiner.

Other times the rater or raters just decide more info is yet needed.  Ditto to the vet.

Edited by Dustoff 11

It looks like the va is wanting a disability benefits questionnaire. The c&p examiner filled one out because it's in my c&p exam. I guess maybe he missed something or they want clarity on his answers. They requested it on June 15 so hopefully it won't take more than 6 months. Lol

23 hours ago, Mr cue said:

Ever since this new comp exam thing started, I really would like to no which department or who sign off on all these exams.

Really not sure why you call these actions as new because I am currently going through an appeal that the VA requested five C & P exams within ten years and denied my claim and I have a CAVC decision that threw not one, not two, not three but all five C & P exams out due to being inadequate for rating purposes and awarded me a joint remand and finally a grant of direct service connection back to 1998. The VA has been doing this for a very long, long time.

I would also recommend attending exam. But make sure you know what the exam is scheduled for.

For example, last week I attended a knee exam for a claim from back in 2010. Long story. I went. Then Tuesday I got a letter stating I need another exam???? I called QTC and asked WTH? They told me the VA ordered an exam for Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis of the left knee. Not residual but of the knee.

You really need to understand what the exam is scheduled for them raise questions to the VARO. If the exam is scheduled to determine extent of disability or employment then that is in line with your claim.

With so many VA employees I think sometimes things get overlooked but it sounds like they are still working your claim, which is good

Good luck