Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I got my letter from the va

Rate this question

Remisdad

Question

I was granted smc k, an auto allowance, & loss of use of left hand. Now I filed another claim at the same time as this one & it was a supplemental for my tdiu claim. In the letter for my claim increase it says tdiu is deferred for medical opinion. Did they combine my claim increase & my supplemental claim?  Also is a c&p examination not a medical opinion. My claim increase is also still at evidence gathering instead of closed. The lady at IRIS didn't understand why that was. Just trying to understand what the va is doing. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated thanks. 

That is so true. That's why vets need to pay close attention to the decision letter and keep fighting if need be. 

To me it's crazy that the VA  can just keep ordering exams as they feel.

Ever since this new comp exam thing started I really would like to no which department or who sign off on all these exams.

An the VA feel that if a veteran feel or want a decision based on the evidence all ready in the record they don't have to give a decision. An if you don't go they feel they don't have to adjucated your appeal or claim. Just denied it.

There is no law or reg that stated if a veteran refuse a exams. Don't adjucated the claim or appeal.

I would like to see it.

So veterans are stuck with exam 100s  of miles away an ppl are tell disabled veterans you better make  away to the exam. Lol

Good luck I am going through the same thing an many others are to it make no sense.

I had over 6 comp exams in one year for loss of use.

An after a court remand they still wanted to order more exams. Smh.

So you are luck to get the loss of use under smc i don't see many granted with the automobile grant.

But like I tell everyone report About these exams to white house hotline.

An upload a statement in VA .gov About it.

It become part of your record if you have to appeal to bva or court.

The problem is that you don't know what you don't know.

I made a claim with 6 maladies, but for this discussion we will talk about 2.  I claimed barrett's and hernia.  I went to the C&P for both with LHI and I thought that, along with the examiner, that it would be favorable.  Both were denied, stating that they were not related to my SC conditions.  

VSO, says don't rock the boat when I suggest appeal, LOL.  So, I appealed on my own.

So, I request my c-file as I have questions regards the exams and the opinions.  About a year from the "one year" deadline, I go with HLR, because I don't have any records yet.  That gives me a chance to do the supplemental if it gets denied again, but hopefully I will have my records by then.

During my HLR interview, I find there is no opinion from the exam and that both were denied outright as they were looked at by the rater as "direct" service connection and then denied, and not secondary as was stated on my claim form.  So, now will they look at my records, or will they want to see me again?  I have no clue.  And like Mr. Cue says, I play along with them when they want something from me.  It's worked so far for me, but then that can always change.

But what I do know now is that if "I" wouldn't have appealed (HLR) and left it up to my VSO, it would have not had this chance. 

If you are comfortable with waiting for your benifits, then you can fight them about an additional C&P.  If your comfortable regards your disabilities, then just go to the C&P.  I think you will get your monies a whole lot faster.  

Carl

My c-file is in the mail according to the VA, yay!

Edited by Carl Bacon
cause

Congralations on the K award, and  automobile grant. The grant is worth a lot of money, wait until you read the adaptive equipment handbook if you haven't already done so. Sorry to hear you have loss of use of the hand. Good luck on the TDIU. AS to another C/P exam, it is possible they did not ask for an opinion the first time around. Some exams are done just to see how bad a condition is and an opinion isn't always asked for. I added the information and handbooks in PDF Form to get you started 

Auto and adaptive equipment info sheet..pdf Handbook 1173.4 Automobile Adaptive Equipment Program.pdf Handbook 1173.16 Driver Rehab for Veterans.pdf M21-1IX_i_2 Auto Adaptive Equipment Allowance Chapter One.docx M21-1MRIX_i_2 Auto Adaptive Equipment Allowance Chapter Two.docx VHA Directive 2011-046 Reinbursement Auto Adaptive equipmen 30Dec2011.pdf

Edited by Richard1954
Added 6 PDF concerning auto grant /adaptive equip