Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

angelo

Question

As a usmcreserves b ack In 1970 military troop carriers truck and jeeps where coming backfrom Vietnam had a substance on them that reserves had to wash off the return ng equipment and iAsk a fewUSMC troops that came backfrom  Vietnam and they all said it was agent orange when it was on. .my claim they had no comments 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Angelo Welcome to Hadit. So I assume you have some disabilities that you believe that are directly related to Agent Orange. What are they? Better yet, you need a diagnosis from a doctor of the disability in question. Since you aren't a "Vietnam veteran" in the normal sense of the term, you can't get any presumptive connections for AO. You have a definite uphill climb, but not impossible. If you have kept in toutch with some of the guys in your old unit AND they happen to remember the incident and can attest to it, that would be good. You would need them to talk about it on a va form 21-10210 preferrably or va form 21-4138. You have to also talk about the incident on the 21-4138 as well, and include how the disabilities affects you in daily life. That still isn't enough. IF you know of a specific instance where someone in your old unit contracted the same disease as you have, then you may have a link to proving your case. You would then need a IMO nexus statement from a doctor that says what you have (disease) causes AO and he would have to back that up with med studies/journals, other med research that support that position. He or she must say your disease is at least as likely as not been caused by AO and the connection of material handling. If your disease or disability is on the list of presumptives listed by the VA, it would be easier to prove. I would suggest if you can collaborate the events with some getting the same as you, it might have a chance.

On 6/26/2022 at 1:35 PM, angelo said:

reserves had to wash off the return ng equipment

Good morning,

Department of Defense has an extensive list of all locations (still regularly updated) where they concede that herbicide exposure could have occurred in the US.  I'm attaching the 2019 DoD list, but I don't believe that is the most current one.  I do know that Vets have had herbicide exposure conceded based on this DoD listing and confirmed service in the location.  I'm not sure of the details and whether/how you had to show proximity to the herbicides, but I know that Vets have been service-connected for presumptive conditions based on that stateside exposure.  I'm attaching a BVA decision grant that conceded stateside exposure (just so you know it happens).

Good luck to you!

Phury

dod_herbicides_outside_vietnam.pdf 1108696 stateside exposure.pdf

Edited by Phury & Rhage
grammar/spelling