Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Hearing.

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

Has any of the Vets with the Hadit family had a BVA hearing that are still in the Legacy system within the last 4 months? If so, can you share your experience?

Well on a positive note, even though we have to wait 5 years after the hearing, if granted, back pay will be huge for us who had to wait. My appeal was 2018. I did an ITF in 2017. 

Update on my BVA hearing. In 2018, I had filed and appeal for cervical and lumbar strain. Had my hearing in April 2021. Received and email from BVA 23 May stating that a decision have been made on my appeal. My lawyer emailed me shortly afterwards to congratulate on the winning on my appeal. I have not gotten the decision letter in mail but my attorney had forwarded me it. I am in the Hondo club now. I was granted so now it's gone back to the RO for a percentage.

Congrats! Let us know what the percentages are when you get the rating. Just to check… you met with the judge in 2021 or 2022? Hubby is still waiting on his decision from the judge. He was June 2022. 

I apologize. It was 2022 when I met with the judge.

Also Nov 2022, I did an increase for my shoulder and sinusitis under PACT. Shoulder stayed the same, got 50 for sinusitis and 10 for Rhinitis.