Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Hearing.

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

Has any of the Vets with the Hadit family had a BVA hearing that are still in the Legacy system within the last 4 months? If so, can you share your experience?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@knoxcapExactly. My exit exam took about 5 minutes. English was probably the doctor's second or third language, so he did not speak quickly. I was also the last appointment of the day, so I bet the doc cared more about blowing the whole exam off and going home instead of being thorough.

@Whodat@VyncDidn't know about VA Disability or Veteran help organizations, except for dental which had to be done in like 90 days after ETS. Had no clue that I could even apply for my disabilities for about 15 years after I got out. Those getting out now have a good head start on what to do.

I bet that since that you had filed 15 years later, you had to go through a lot of appeals to get your well deserved service connection. 

I would love to see broken soldier chime into this conversation. 

@Whodat I did my primary application to Waco, denied. Upper level look at Waco, denied. Sent to BVA (at this point 5 years total) and while I was walking into the office to meet with the judge, two RO’s stopped me and asked if I would settle on 80%. I agreed, later turned in my paperwork for TDIU, which was granted for 100% P&T. It was a little strange, to say the least, and looking back don’t know why they were so anxious to settle. I’d never gone thru this and did not know or hear of anyone else’s claims except on Hadit (I think I found this site in 2001). I wonder if I had gone in and met the judge if he would have given me 100% schedular. 

I honestly think I got as far as I did because of that earlier Hadit site 😀