Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Community Care Issues

Rate this question

Rattler

Question

• Community Owner

Ok I have been wanting to post this for about a week or two.

1. I had a total knee replacement on March 14th.  To start it took the VA 1 1/2 weeks to start home rehab. this put me behind on my rehab. When I transferred to outpoint rehab everything went fine made grate gains. You all know how us Vets are they wanted me to do 20 reps I did 30.  So I get to a point where I probably on need a Mo. more of rehab. So I get a phone call from rehab and they tell me that me 18 visits are up and they need  reapply for more visits. A week goes by and I hear nothing. I call Rehab and ask what's going on. They say they cant get the VA to send them the form and cant get them on the phone. I ask what form and download it and email it to them.  

So explain to me how a total knee replacement that has a 13 Mo. recovery time at 100% comp can only have 18 rehab visits with out the doctor releasing me. (keep in mind this is Community Care not VA) Its not community care problem as they are doing what is requested.

2. I had home health coming in 3 times a week in the above. They would do laundry clean house do dishes etc.  So my home heath aid comes in and says they had a meting and someone brought up that they were doing the Vet and his wife's laundry and she was told that they could only do the vets laundry. I said so what are we suppose to do separate the laundry so you only do min. I called the social worker and ask the some question. She said yes they are only spose to do for the VET. I ask the social worker the same question what are we suppose to do separate the laundry and dishes so they only do min and not my wife's? She said yes. I told her I told her if they cant do what is needed I have no use for them to come hear and do nothing.  She called two weeks latter and ask so you are refusing home health. I said no but if they can not do what I need them to do they need not come.

(My wife works from 3 to 4 AM to 1 PM + a day)

2 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Rattler767 said:

Ok I have been wanting to post this for about a week or two.

1. I had a total knee replacement on March 14th.  To start it took the VA 1 1/2 weeks to start home rehab. this put me behind on my rehab. When I transferred to outpoint rehab everything went fine made grate gains. You all know how us Vets are they wanted me to do 20 reps I did 30.  So I get to a point where I probably on need a Mo. more of rehab. So I get a phone call from rehab and they tell me that me 18 visits are up and they need  reapply for more visits. A week goes by and I hear nothing. I call Rehab and ask what's going on. They say they cant get the VA to send them the form and cant get them on the phone. I ask what form and download it and email it to them.  

So explain to me how a total knee replacement that has a 13 Mo. recovery time at 100% comp can only have 18 rehab visits with out the doctor releasing me. (keep in mind this is Community Care not VA) Its not community care problem as they are doing what is requested.

2. I had home health coming in 3 times a week in the above. They would do laundry clean house do dishes etc.  So my home heath aid comes in and says they had a meting and someone brought up that they were doing the Vet and his wife's laundry and she was told that they could only do the vets laundry. I said so what are we suppose to do separate the laundry so you only do min. I called the social worker and ask the some question. She said yes they are only spose to do for the VET. I ask the social worker the same question what are we suppose to do separate the laundry and dishes so they only do min and not my wife's? She said yes. I told her I told her if they cant do what is needed I have no use for them to come hear and do nothing.  She called two weeks latter and ask so you are refusing home health. I said no but if they can not do what I need them to do they need not come.

(My wife works from 3 to 4 AM to 1 PM + a day)

I'd be tempted to tell them all the dishes are mine, I eat a lot.  As for the clothes-I wear them all.   Half the day wearing my clothes and the other half I wear her's.  Prove me wrong.  Now, do all the dishes and all the clothes.  Yeah, I know, shouldn't have to, but some times you just have to play the game.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@spirit_grtyou beat me to it regarding the laundry, lol...