Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Waitingtoolongdave

Question

Hello everyone! After 7 long years, I was finally granted service connection on May 13th of this year for a lumbar injury and sciatic nerve paralysis. After calling the VA hotline a few times, I've been told my issues are in the "decision phase."

However, a 3rd issue was remanded. I have a c&p exam scheduled for the remanded issue on October 31st. 

My question is: Will they issue a rating and award for the 2 issues already granted or will they wait for the remanded issue to be adjudicated before I see a rating and award?

It looks like its folded into M21-5 7.D.2, the DROC manual, that I may soon come to know better since I may be starting in the D.C. DROC soon. 

https://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ssnew/help/customer/locale/en-US/portal/554400000001018/content/554400000140652/M21-5,-Chapter-7,-Section-D---Documenting-Appeal-Decisions

• Founder
19 hours ago, Waitingtoolongdave said:

V.ii.3.B.1.c

V.ii.3.B.1.c.  When to Make a Partial Rating Decision

Make a partial rating decision when one or more issues require additional development before they can be decided, but the record otherwise contains sufficient evidence to 
  • grant any claim at issue, including service connection (SC) at a noncompensable level
  • reduce, or propose to reduce, a benefit
  • sever, or propose to sever, SC, and/or
  • propose or implement a finding of incompetency for payment purposes.
Important:  The Veterans Benefits Administration’s mission is to serve Veterans and their eligible dependents and survivors in the most timely and accurate manner possible.
  • It is only appropriate to extend suspense or diary dates if it is necessary for a specific adjudicative action.  Suspense dates must always correspond with specific actions and should not be arbitrarily extended under any circumstance.
  • When employees handle a claim, they are expected to take the most full and complete action possible on a claim every time – including development, rating, and promulgation actions – to move a claim forward to accurate completion in the claims process.  Every effort should be made to move the claim to the next processing cycle each time it is handled.
Exception:  When issues cannot be resolved because of a Veteran’s return to active duty, follow the procedures in M21-1, Part IV, Subpart ii, 2.A.4.c.

References:  For more information on
19 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

It looks like its folded into M21-5 7.D.2, the DROC manual, that I may soon come to know better since I may be starting in the D.C. DROC soon. 

https://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ssnew/help/customer/locale/en-US/portal/554400000001018/content/554400000140652/M21-5,-Chapter-7,-Section-D---Documenting-Appeal-Decisions