Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RE;What VA Form should I use to file a QUE Claim

Rate this question

Rattler

Question

• Community Owner

Ok so I am fixing to file a QUE claim today for an Earlier Effective Date because when the VA decided my PTSD / MST claim only went back to my filing of . What I need to know is what form do I need to use. I am with in the time period of a year to request a Higher Level Review VA-20-0996.  Or Request for a Supplemental Claim VBA-20-0995. Or use a VBA-21-10210-ARE-Lay-Witness Statement or VBA-21-4138-ARE-STATEMENT IN SUPPORT OF CLAIM. I have read the CUE Forum extensively and made notes. I plain on using Charly’s and Berta’s letter examples.

On May 8, 2000 I filed a 5 page letter CUE claim that contained 4 separate CUE contentions in the claim and sent this also titled as a request for Equitable Relief directly to the VA Director of VA Benefits Admin with a copy to the VA Secretary.  In short order and as expected I received a reply they were sending to the VARO and both VARO and BVA quickly denied the CUE and then I appealed  pro se immediately to the CAVC court.  There were no specific forms then for CUE claims.

In 2005 Judge Harold Greene agreed with my 4th CUE contention that VARO failed to adjudicate me for TDIU in prior rating decisions and remanded to VARO to do this.  He classified my CUE contention as a due process error and not CUE but still a win by me.

Prior to his decision the VARO awarded me P&T TDIU with 5 years backpay.  Cheers

Edited by Dustoff1970