VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Review

Rate this question

Jim_in_Sequim

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

SSDI is usually quite easy. The wife recently had her review, which consisted of a letter asking her if she was employed, if she had been hospitalized recently and if her condition has improved. She sent the letter back and within 3 weeks she got another letter saying that her claim was approved and not to expect to hear from them for about 5 to 7 yrs.

If only the VA were so easy.....

Jim

I went through my SSDI review in May. They sent a form and asked some questions about hoplizations and if my condition had improved. I filled out the form and sent them a copy of the C&P report. I got a letter in about 6 weeks says they would contact me in 3 years. That makes 2 reviews for SSDI while that VA is still waitng to make up their mind if I. am disabled. Social Secuirty just needs something to put in their files sinc it is required by law that they check on you form time to time. B)

I was wondering if anyone has gone through the review for SSDI?

I was just awarded Permanent status for service connected disablity. I am scheduled for a review for SSDI.

Has anyone gone through it?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Jim in Sequim

Jim, how do you tell if it is permanent or not? I won my claim via the BVA and it never said permanent or temporary, however it involves organ loss and it is dead so it can never be repaired! B)

I had to go with a lawyer for my SSDI, I look very young and healthy for my age

I am 62. They fought like hell till the Social security Judge interupted and said I deserve the disability. They had many (Soc Sec had) "expert" doctors testyfing that I did not have all of the complaints I said I did, but I do actualy have more. Until I asked the doctor "did you actualy examine me" and "When did you see any patients who were not from the Soc. Sec. lists". They then said under their breaths no my practice is limited to testyfing for social security disability issues.

Then I screamed and yelled at the pityfull bast*&^&, then they removed me from the room, My wife stayed in the room and said the Judge was quite sympathetic towards me.

Arch

Edited by Arch

I was just approved last month- with a disability effective date of Dec 03 and retro payments starting Oct 04

From which date to they base their 3/5/7 year reviews- Date approved of date of disability?

Thanks

Raven

I was just approved last month- with a disability effective date of Dec 03 and retro payments starting Oct 04

From which date to they base their 3/5/7 year reviews- Date approved of date of disability?

Thanks

Raven

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they, typically, schedule the next review from the date of the last review...in other words, if this is a recent application/decision then they will likely set your review from the date of the decision not the date at which the monetary award begins (some cases go back many years (5+) so it wouldn't make sense to award the money then order an immediate review because you had been receiving money. technically, for 5 years:-)

I got approved 1st time around for SSD...still waiting (and waiting) for my appeal with VA.

Have been 60% for 22 years, but have found out that is normal for McClellen era WACS.

Monsanto and the gov't are paying off the civilians in Anniston for chemical based diseases, but the WACS stationed at Ft McClellen are still considered "gov't property" and are not eleigible for the class action suit....and the VA does not recognize any of our diseases as being chemically and environmentally based.

Funny Social Security does.......