Ssdi Review

Rate this question

Jim_in_Sequim

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

there are 3, 4, 7 and no reviews by social security, for disability, my wife gets reviewed ever 4 years, when I got my SSDI, it said, no reviews required, it all depends on how disabled you are, or that is what social security told me, when I asked.

I was just approved last month- with a disability effective date of Dec 03 and retro payments starting Oct 04

From which date to they base their 3/5/7 year reviews- Date approved of date of disability?

Thanks

Raven

Reviews begin from the date you recieve your award letter, not from the date of claim. Reviews are in writing unless otherwise indicated. Meaning you will receive a form in the mail containing 5 or 6 questions about your current disability status. You have 60 days to return it to Social Security.

The review status is 12-18 months because of an excellent chance of recovery; 3 years for a reasonable chance of recovery; and 5 to 7 years because of little or no chance of recovery. You can find your review status on your award letter on the back side of the letter in the very last paragraph.

Patrick