Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Board Grant

Rate this question

rashid

Question

Board grant home adaptions extending first and second floor of home to accommodate wheelchair 4/2022.

VR&E refuses to execute Board order stating they need clarification  

the order is very clear stating the veteran met all the requirement for the grant

what do I do/ i have been waiting for 5 month fort he alleged clarification 

3 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, rashid said:

Board grant home adaptions extending first and second floor of home to accommodate wheelchair 4/2022.

VR&E refuses to execute Board order stating they need clarification  

the order is very clear stating the veteran met all the requirement for the grant

what do I do/ i have been waiting for 5 month fort he alleged clarification 

I recommend reaching out to your congressman 

My advice is to take the following steps, in this order:

(Document that you did these steps)

1.  Contact "Peggy", and inquire as to the status of your implementation of Board grant.  

2.  Send an IRIS email, inquiring same. 

3.  Mail a 21-4138, and a letter requesting board implementation.  Also send the board a letter, informing them of VA's response "needing clarification". 

4.  Threaten a writ of mandamus (Notice of Intent to file Writ of mandamus, to compel the VARO to implement the board decision).  

5. Wait an appropriate time for VA response.  (2 or 3 months or so).  

6.  File a writ of mandamus with CAVC to compel VARO to implement board decision.  

Hadit members may try to assist you with additional help with these steps. Dont file a writ until you have documented you sought all other means.  (The writ is not a substitute for an appeal, or other methods.  It should only be used when all else fails.). 

7 hours ago, broncovet said:

My advice is to take the following steps, in this order:

(Document that you did these steps)

1.  Contact "Peggy", and inquire as to the status of your implementation of Board grant.  

2.  Send an IRIS email, inquiring same. 

3.  Mail a 21-4138, and a letter requesting board implementation.  Also send the board a letter, informing them of VA's response "needing clarification". 

4.  Threaten a writ of mandamus (Notice of Intent to file Writ of mandamus, to compel the VARO to implement the board decision).  

5. Wait an appropriate time for VA response.  (2 or 3 months or so).  

6.  File a writ of mandamus with CAVC to compel VARO to implement board decision.  

Hadit members may try to assist you with additional help with these steps. Dont file a writ until you have documented you sought all other means.  (The writ is not a substitute for an appeal, or other methods.  It should only be used when all else fails.). 

Thanks for your help