20 % Left Knee, Limited Motion

10 % Tinnitis

10 % Scar, Painful

10 % Residuals Cyst Removals

0 % SC for Chronic Sinunitis

Also possible claims could be made of Arthritis

History of Treatment

1 year PTSD Counseling Pysch and Social Work

2 6 Years+ Physical Therapy, 1 Year Ortho & 6 Months Chiropractic on Knees and Back

Meds

Celexia & Clonazapam amongst Pain Relievers, NSAIDS, and Steriod Injections, Electro Shock Treatments on Knees and Back as well.

Medical Reasons prevent me from working sitting for longer than 10-20 minutes at time, can not lift or walk up stairs without assistance, Degenerative Relationships, Extremely Bad Nightmares and Flashbacks.

I have left my previous positions due to medical reasons on my resignation...even with accomodations still could not do.

I have a letter from a Chiropractor and Social Worker (PTSD) stating I can not work due to my disabilites and it prevents me from maintaining or gaining gainful employment.

I filed for I/U. I am also applying for SSI/SSD. Whats your take...Do you think I get it or not. Feedback?

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you know the answer to this let me know as I do my own research. I was diagnosed that I had PTSD from the several different events. All were verified. I was active at that time of the incidents. I hung it out for several years. In 2006, I requested a claim for it but was diagnosed with PTSD in 2004, 2005 but it was not SC until I requested it. That means for 3 years I've "been va accepted to have it" but they continued to just pass the buck on me. Should there be any retro involved if the docs initially found me to have it or is it date of claim. I think it is date of claim. Secondly, SSD claims that you are automatically unable to work from that date. SSD also claims that Lumbar disc disease which I had while in the service after being struck by a MVA and bi lat knee problem established then, that it would have caused problems for employment. Should I be retroing something for Medical Discharge and benefits go back to then since I am claiming I/U and SSD. I was unable to keep my physical attributes at 150 -160 after being put on Limited Duty, Light Duty after medical treatment but did not receive Med Board. My unit was trying to keep me, and my Colonel....but i got out an early out by 2 months honorable, but not medical.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

ok,

the fact is this you must get a doctor to state you can not work becuase of your sc. its that simple.

hey everyone been gone awhile busy with kids and wife.

I can not stress enough that medical evidence is what counts.

for ssd it is the same medical evidence letters from your grandma will not cut it.

now like the va, ssd also depends were you live some states award better than others like the va ro some are better than others.

so even with the best evidence you still can get screwed.

so build your case and build some more and after all that get some more evidence. this is a battle and get mad get very mad and turn that anger into evidence if you have ptsd its not hard.

man I miss fighting the va after I won my 70% and iu and my ssd i go to the gym 6 days a week just to relieve the anger.

Ladies and Gents:

Here are the facts:

50 % PTSD

40 % Lumbar Disc Disease

20 % Right Knee, Limited Motion

10 % Tinnitis

10 % Scar, Painful

Also possible claims could be made of Arthritis

History of Treatment

1 year PTSD Counseling Pysch and Social Work

2 6 Years+ Physical Therapy, 1 Year Ortho & 6 Months Chiropractic on Knees and Back

Meds

Celexia & Clonazapam amongst Pain Relievers, NSAIDS, and Steriod Injections, Electro Shock Treatments on Knees and Back as well.

Medical Reasons prevent me from working sitting for longer than 10-20 minutes at time, can not lift or walk up stairs without assistance, Degenerative Relationships, Extremely Bad Nightmares and Flashbacks.

I have left my previous positions due to medical reasons on my resignation...even with accomodations still could not do.

I have a letter from a Chiropractor and Social Worker (PTSD) stating I can not work due to my disabilites and it prevents me from maintaining or gaining gainful employment.

I filed for I/U. I am also applying for SSI/SSD. Whats your take...Do you think I get it or not. Feedback?

Spike,

John's back went out in Aug of 2005,before they decided to due back surgery in Feb,2006 they sent him to pain clinics and nothing they did there helped, in the meantime they said he could go back to work on light duty, work would not let him back, after 12 weeks off his lost his job, he filed for SSD,the day before back surgery he recieved his letter of acceptance from SSD. What I did was after John filed and got a case worker everytime he had to see the doctor or see a different doctor or had nerve test done I call her and let her know and gave her the time dates and clinic. John never had to fight for his SSD. With your knee's do you have osteoarthritis? If so that is also excepted for SSD. OSHA requires standing,sitting,bending,climbing,reaching,lifting for eight hours a day, if your doctor says that you can not do this on an eight hour suggest having an occupational test done, that doctor's words will weight alot on SSD also, for myself I have osteoarthritis,fibromyalgia, heart problems and I had the occupational test done and that won my case, I had to fight for it,after the occupational test was done and I handed that in, one month later I won my case, It took me my 7 months after the original 6 months. I don't see why you would not get SSD or TDIU

Good Luck

Glad to see you back Calnight-

"man I miss fighting the va after I won" YEAHHHHHHH thats the spirit-

That is a good reason for us to all stick around here- helping others to fight them-

and you are right- this vet John- needs a strong nexus to his service for the back problems.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

here is the evidence i have about my back....i have the court martial dictatation indicating that the person who hit me in the mva in the usmc claimed he had done it and the report of of doctors when they made a mistake on my back in surgery. I also have copies of the xrays and the dictations of the xrays showing lumbar disc disease....to herniated discs, and arthritis in back and knees. I also have a osteoarthritis in both knees, hips and back as shown by xrays. I have 6 years of Physical therapy to include in the service. I have chiropractic opinion as well on files. The opinon of physical therapist, orthopedic doctor and chiropractor is that surgery is not likely to fix the problems with knees and back. In order to take the chance for possible surgery, I would have to get both knees cut and release, and surgery for second time in back. Recovery is fair at best. I also have what the counselor and Pysch Doc says is that it is impossible for me to have gainful employment as I do not like people against Veterans at all, the war is pulling a lot of problems in nightmares and life. Please don't take this a bad way, but i used to have a friend who I helped get a job at my work. Knew I suffered from PTSD, and spread to my understudies that I am nuts. Veterans who have PTSD like me are very dangerous. He indicated to people in my presence that PTSD claimants are weak minded veterans....sorry he was a Reservist who never seen combat.....i almost threw a chair at him...this is what the couselor knew as well......unfortunately for him he recently received orders to activate and go to Spain then iraq.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

Ladies and Gents:

Here are the facts:

50 % PTSD

40 % Lumbar Disc Disease

20 % Right Knee, Limited Motion

10 % Tinnitis

10 % Scar, Painful

Those percentages look very much like mine did when IU was awarded.

My PTSD has been increased to 70 percent since IU was awarded though.

After I hired an SSD lawyer I was awarded 'Fully Favorable' in a few months.

A lawyer that only does VA claims for veterans got the IU for me in about 2 years. I'm still in the system fighting for retro.

You will get it.

Don't give up,

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com