Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

advancement on docket timeline?

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

Submitted a hardship file claim approx. 7 months ago and was approved. I just found out last week that hardship is only for VA claims (regional office) and doesn't effect BVA claims, which mine is. I submitted an advancement on docket last week and called today to see if they received it, they did. The women said there is no timeline on how long it takes to approve them and wouldn't tell me any further. So, does anyone know the AVERAGE time is takes to get these approved/denied? Thank you.  Going on one year with a direct review bva appeal.

9 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

I did an AOD that was accepted in March 2022 and by the end of April 2022 my appeal was completed, and I received my retroactive payment. 

That’s great; but how long after you submitted AOD did you find out it was approved? If your aod was scepter in march, when do you submit it? That’s where I’m at now 

7 minutes ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

That’s great; but how long after you submitted AOD did you find out it was approved? If your aod was scepter in march, when do you submit it? That’s where I’m at now 

Unfortunately, over the past year I have been hospitalized several times and I have submitted several AOD and typically, I would find out within 30 Days that my AOD was approved or denied. You can call the White House Hotline and do an inquiry and they will open a case for you and send you an Email to let you know that it takes about 30 days (20 Business days), and you could call them back to confirm your AOD status. Not sure what you are looking for but as stated before about 30-90 days.

Once the AOD is approved it will take as much time as needed to complete, depending on the complexity of your AOD some may take longer or shorter time frame if any claim is intertwined with other claimed issues. White House Hotline number is 1 (855) 948-2311.

24 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

Unfortunately, over the past year I have been hospitalized several times and I have submitted several AOD and typically, I would find out within 30 Days that my AOD was approved or denied. You can call the White House Hotline and do an inquiry and they will open a case for you and send you an Email to let you know that it takes about 30 days (20 Business days), and you could call them back to confirm your AOD status. Not sure what you are looking for but as stated before about 30-90 days.

Once the AOD is approved it will take as much time as needed to complete, depending on the complexity of your AOD some may take longer or shorter time frame if any claim is intertwined with other claimed issues. White House Hotline number is 1 (855) 948-2311.

That answered it. Thank you very much.