Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why bother to file for hypretention under the Pact Act?

Rate this question

jamescripps2

Question

Considering that I have four 100% individual P&T awards that are all static in nature, and all are more than ten years old, along with a a box car full of lesser ratings, also considering that my final rating is the maximum rating of SMC "O" to include R-2 A&A, along with level 2 PCAFC caregivers benefits, why would I even consider filing for hypretention benefits under the Pact Act? There is no more compensation available or possible.

The reason:  The PCAFC caregivers benefits qualifications are based soley upon service connected disabilities. I have been in Atrial Fibbulation. ( A- Fib ), for more than twenty five years. If I should ever suffer a stroke, It would be easy enough to service connect the stroke as secondary to the hypretention, even if the hypretention was service connected at only 0%.

Should my PCAFC caregiver level two benefit be challenged, I could use the service connected disibilities of hypretention and subsequent stroke as the basis to bolster the need of a caregiver to provide help with the activities of daily living, (ADLs).

It is prudent for a veteran to stay one step ahead of the game when dealing with the DVA and the claims process, especially when dealing with the VHA and the pitfalls involved with the PCAFC caregivers program.

Once I finally convinced myself, and decided that there was a good reason to file for the hypretention under the Toxic Exposures Pact Act. I filed on line through VA,gov. Start to finish filling out the 526 EZ application took all of twenty minutes. I expect that the next communication will be informing me of the upcoming C&P exam. I expect a 0% rating and at the most, 10%, but that should be just enough to do the trick!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

James ......that is exactly what I did with my hbp AO claim.  I filed my HBP claim months ago and had a c&p exam months ago.  If I get zero percent I will probably appeal for the hell of it.  I do not need the money, but I will not let the VA get away with shortchanging me as they did for a couple of decades before I wised up.  Most likely I will die from a SC condition and I want them to pay my spouse DIC.  I would not be afraid to file any valid claim against the VA.  If you wait until the most   recent wars are forgotten,  you will be forgotten.