Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va has me confused.

Rate this question

30percentermovingup

Question

I was going to send my nod in, so today the va kept changing forms on me when I asked where to send it. I don't even care about the NOD. 
Here is what I need. I need to say I need a review on this because he just eyeballed my Range of Motion. I do not agree with a 80 old doctors eyesight. How do or what form do I need to do and where to send. I want another evaluation if possible. Thank you.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Not to cause any more confusion but do you want to file an NOD/Appeal at this time or do you want to try to request a new C & P exam with a different examiner. There is a major difference. As Bronco stated, you would use the above forms to file an Appeal/NOD. Those are taking anywhere between six to eighteen months after a decision is made. You can try to file a statement in support of your claim by trying to dispute the C & P exam or the examiner. Not saying that it will work but if it does these are taking anywhere from few months to a year prior to a decision being made. I know it is a tossup but based on your OP (ORIGINAL POST) it is possible. If a decision is already made, you will have to file an NOD/Appeal. 

I was outside with the dogs and couldn't see your post well, so is all I have to is submit the Nod then. I see you wrote this  "If a decision is already made, you will have to file an NOD/Appeal"

17 hours ago, 30percentermovingup said:

Don't need any buddy statements. All I need is to figure out which form to get a second medical evaluation where they actually measure my ROM. Thanks though.

Have you got your decision yet?  Have you  read the C&P exam? I mean I've had C&P exams I felt went bad, turn out in my favor.  And vice versa.  

1 hour ago, El Train said:

Have you got your decision yet?  Have you  read the C&P exam? I mean I've had C&P exams I felt went bad, turn out in my favor.  And vice versa.  

Yes I won everything but a lot were zeros. I am still trying to figure out how to find the evidence and get it in.
I don't understand how I could get zero's with pain and not full range of motion. I mean the arthritis alone should give me a minimum of 10 percent.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:02 PM, 30percentermovingup said:

Yes I won everything but a lot were zeros. I am still trying to figure out how to find the evidence and get it in.
I don't understand how I could get zero's with pain and not full range of motion. I mean the arthritis alone should give me a minimum of 10 percent.

Ah, ok.  When you fill out the NOD form, I'd go through the DBQ exam with a fine tooth comb.  Point out where you disagree with the examiners assessment.  Point to medical evidence you have in on file where they got it wrong.  You have up to a year (from when you filed, I believe) to file the NOD.  Don't rush in filing because it will start the process and you might not have time to gather additional evidence if they request another C&P exam.

I'd take a deep breath and don't rush stuff.  It's a marathon, not a race.  You don't want to get stuck in the appeals process for years.  I avoided this route by disagreeing, gather more evidence, then file the NOD at the last minute if need be.  Good luck to you.

27 minutes ago, El Train said:

Ah, ok.  When you fill out the NOD form, I'd go through the DBQ exam with a fine tooth comb.  Point out where you disagree with the examiners assessment.  Point to medical evidence you have in on file where they got it wrong.  You have up to a year (from when you filed, I believe) to file the NOD.  Don't rush in filing because it will start the process and you might not have time to gather additional evidence if they request another C&P exam.

I'd take a deep breath and don't rush stuff.  It's a marathon, not a race.  You don't want to get stuck in the appeals process for years.  I avoided this route by disagreeing, gather more evidence, then file the NOD at the last minute if need be.  Good luck to you.

Haven't sent the nod in yet but here it is and what I put. I only disagree because he eyeballed and told me he was supposed to go past the point of pain. Thank you for any help.

copypicnod.jpg