Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VES records review

Rate this question

Jayco

Question

Filed a claim first part of 2022.  In Sept. 2022 received an email from VES for a records review.  Heard nothing from the review. Figured everything had been finalized.  

Now fast forward to Feb. 2023 and I get 2 emails from VES on consecutive days stating they are doing a records review.  Each email lists a separate doctor.  Has anyone ever got two at the same time especially this soon after the last one and should I be worried?

First thing that popped into my mind was an issue I have with the Foreign Medical Program.  I'm not happy with them and they are not happy with me.  They are not processing my reimbursement claims and they say they are.  They're blaming the foreign mail services for me not getting my reimbursement checks.  I mentioned in a couple of emails to them unless something starts happening that I would hire an attorney.  Boy that did not go over well.

Is it possible the FMP could have prompted the two records reviews out of anger about me hiring an attorney?  I do not want to pi** anyone off, but I have $7,000 in claims that some go back two years +.  I am at a loss what step to take and how to take it.

Thanks,

Mike

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Doubtful- the financial part of your reimbursement checks is not part of VHA or VBA (technically). It's a whole office that does its own thing. The only thing the provider does is note that you were 'present' or not. 

I've seen multiple reviews- usually, when we request a review, it returns from the doctor, and they don't answer all the questions again, or properly, or specifically the ones that we ask for clarification. When that happens, it goes back. The 2 letters may just be a double sending, or one could be a change of examiner due to the other one becoming unavailable.

Once we generate a letter into the mail stream and 'finalize' it so no changes can be made we can't recall it back, so, two letters go out. and sometimes a third if I catch one like this because I send one to the veteran that says "that letter you received on X was a mistake, the correct date of the letter/request/whatever that you need to worry about is "Y".

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)