VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Colorado Veterans and Property Taxes

Rate this question

Sgt. Wilky

Question

Hello All,

Looking for Colorado vets who might be 100% TDIU, but actually rated with a lower rating. I'm asking because I'm 90%, but being paid at the 100%, because I'm TDIU. I was initially told that I didn't qualify for a property tax exemption, because you have to be rated at 100%. 

I have a friend who is in the exact same boat I am, 90%, but being paid at the 100% rate. He filed for the property tax exemption and was granted. I told him that was probably a mistake on their part, but he said it wasn't...

I'm trying to find the rules again. I contact my VSO and asked them, but waiting to hear back from them.

Do any of the Colorado vets know about this? Did the rules change?

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

In Colorado, you must be 100% scheduler not TDIU.

This is from the CDVA website "Qualifying Disabled Veteran applicants must have an honorable discharge and established a service-connected disability that has been rated by the United States Department of Homeland Security, or the Department of the Army, Navy or Air Force. Individuals being compensated at 100% rate due to individual unemployability do not qualify for this exemption."

34 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Why don't you just ask the treasurer and assessor? They would know, they have to carry it out. 

@brokensoldier244th I went to the website and it wasn't as specific as I was told before. I have the letter stating I'm at the 100% rate and it is total and permanent, so I just now sent the application and letter out!

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

2 minutes ago, asdf said:

In Colorado, you must be 100% scheduler not TDIU.

This is from the CDVA website "Qualifying Disabled Veteran applicants must have an honorable discharge and established a service-connected disability that has been rated by the United States Department of Homeland Security, or the Department of the Army, Navy or Air Force. Individuals being compensated at 100% rate due to individual unemployability do not qualify for this exemption."

Which is exactly what I was told, then my friend (who is a Vietnam Vet) said he got it, even though he's 90%, but TDIU, just like me. I went ahead and mailed the form, but I expect it'll get denied, and legally, it should get denied.