Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delivering Diagnostic Reports to C&P Doc

Rate this question

Otrgypsy

Question

I have heard that it is permissible to deliver new diagnostic information to C&P docs.  I delivered a Sleep Study and a Neurotox /neuropsych Report.

The hack doing the "exam" used the sleep study. In his report he pretended he didn't know what the other doc was and said it was too much to read.

Can anyone tell me if docs are required to accept new diagnostic reports and if so, Can you cite me to the appropriate regs?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

They are not required to- that information is supposed to be uploaded to your VA file, ideally prior to the exam, but if after it can still be evaluated by the Rater, or can be appended to the existing exam, or an addendum can be requested. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• Community Owner

The VA site to upload it to is http://access.va.gov Click on veteran and login via your login mouthed than click on upload files.  It probably would not make a deference if it would have been there for the C & P Exam given the doc's attitude. Let me guess the C & P was with LHI or there now name of Optimum. If the exam was recant I would go with brokensholdier244th and up load it ASAP so a ratter has a chance to look at it before he makes a decision. Otherwise you will have to file a 21-0995 and use it as new and material evidence. 

Thanks for posting that link, Rattler. I was working at the time so I popped in quick on a break to see what was up. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• Community Owner
9 hours ago, Otrgypsy said:

Yeah, it was LHI, real scum bags. They didn't even try to hide that they were intent on writing denials. But its like their only interest was in delay. None of their lies are supported by the C File.

If I had my way I would put them out of business. My experience was like this. LHI tried to send me to a NP for an complex orthopedics exam. I told them I would only see a orthopedics medical doctor no NP's were qualified to do an  complex orthopedics exam. They had no orthopedics doc's so I agreed to see an internists MD over 100 miles away. So I show up for the exam. ( This was my 2n C & P Exam my first one with a MH PhD was remained by the BVA) First I had to wait over 1 1/2 hours past my appointment while the took in other people that came in after me. I tried to give the staff some doc's to support my claim and they refused them and told me to give them to the Doc. So when I got back to see the Doc she took 20 min. to exam she did take my medical evidence but obviously never read it. ( Medical evidence I submitted was a NEXIS letter from the Orthopedic Surgeon who has treated me for over 20 years and is my community care Doc. who did a total knee replacement 4 mo. after this exam)  She than sent me to get x-rayed. (also not really read by a radiologist)  The ratters to her opinion over my community care Doc and low balled the ratting. I was denied secondary connection to my left knee and bilateral hips and gave me 10% for post orthoscopic surgery.  (The same one that was replaced 4 Mo. latter)

So I started looking for an Independent Medial Exam. (IME) I found one at the below website.

https://www.imenet.com/

I found an orthopedics surgeon in Atlanta who was willing to do both DBQ's  and a IMO. This was one of the beast experiences I have had.  He took 5 hours to exam me and provide 5 DBQ's and a 14 page IMO. I filed an 21-0995 for new medical evidence and they rerated both knees and hips with the proper SC % and include 3 mo. SMC.

What I think needs to be done is we as vets need to get together and file complaints with the scam LHI Medical evidence and the correct medical evidence showing where the VA Changed there ratting. What LHI is doing is fraud on the VA and until its addresses at the right level nothing will happen.

Well I don't like all the private contractor comp exam medical opinion stuff.

It's not helpful for veterans.

An  VA an rater are using it as delay tactics. Ever exam add at least 45 days to 60 days. To the process.

It has got so bad the VA is ordering medical opinion on comp exams. I can't make this up.

Than it's the we need a rework exam or medical opinion stuff.

Now they got the national que stuff were the rater that order the exam will not be the same rater when exam  comes back to veterans affairs. 

So that rater can order a exam.

New rater new exam. It's crazy

Then you can't get a copy of the exam.

I just don't see how all this stuff s making it better to server veterans.

My opinion

There will be a class action on all this soon they are just ordering to Many exams for claims and appeals these days.

They are ordering exams for condition when the veterans aren't claim stuff.

now a comp exam isn't a medical opinion. 

Veterans are needing to pay for medical opinion after they had comp exams..

It's all to much.