Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdui - beginner

Rate this question

Smitty81

Question

Hey guys, I am wanting to file for tdui. I am at 80% combined. 70% MH stacked with anxiety/depression, sleep disturbance (insomnia) due to chronic pain and 20% for clavicle fracture nonunion. I have claims in for tinnitus and migraine and increase on shoulder. I have done all this on my own to this point. I am self employed so I have a protected work environment, I often start late, miss days, etc from not sleeping and being exhausted. So TDIU would be sought after for missed work and being in a protected work environment. I have lay statements to support this but don’t really have much else to include other than maybe pictures of my office/workspace and the mods I’ve made there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

VA math, like insurance or other actuary/disability math, starts at 100% 'whole' and every rating percentage you get takes away from that, but what that means is that every subsequent rating is a percentage of less than 100%, i.e. whatever was left over after the last rating. So, as you get towards 100% into the 80 and 90 percent range it takes something like a 50%, or a combination thereof to get to 100%. 

100%-50%= 50% rating and 50% remaining

Next rating 10%

10% of 50% (the remaining from the last rating)= 5%, so, now you are 55%

20% of 45% (the remaining "whole") =9% so now you are 65%

20% of 35%=7 so now you are 65+7=72, which rounds down to 70. 

Etc, etc.  The ratings table is online and you can learn to do the calculation yourself, or, punch numbers into one of the many calculators available online, though they don't SHOW you how the math works so you have to trust them. The ratings tables are what the RVSRs still use since its still part of the CFR.

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-38/chapter-I/part-4/subpart-A/section-4.25

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

3 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

VA math, like insurance or other actuary/disability math, starts at 100% 'whole' and every rating percentage you get takes away from that, but what that means is that every subsequent rating is a percentage of less than 100%, i.e. whatever was left over after the last rating. So, as you get towards 100% into the 80 and 90 percent range it takes something like a 50%, or a combination thereof to get to 100%. 

100%-50%= 50% rating and 50% remaining

Next rating 10%

10% of 50% (the remaining from the last rating)= 5%, so, now you are 55%

20% of 45% (the remaining "whole") =9% so now you are 65%

20% of 35%=7 so now you are 65+7=72, which rounds down to 70. 

Etc, etc.  The ratings table is online and you can learn to do the calculation yourself, or, punch numbers into one of the many calculators available online, though they don't SHOW you how the math works so you have to trust them. The ratings tables are what the RVSRs still use since its still part of the CFR.

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-38/chapter-I/part-4/subpart-A/section-4.25

Yeah I understand how they do their math, I suppose I should just let my current (new) claims finish processing and see what my rating looks like after that. I appreciate your feedback 👍🏻

• Community Owner

I would wait and see how they rate you. if you get over 95% like 96% it should push you to a 100%. And you are correct, " I guess it just seems really difficult to get past 90%?" The last 10% is a pain in the ass.

That it is

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)