Darryl Richardson

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

35 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Thank you, broken soldier for explaining this problem.  

However, Im not sure I completely "get it".  

So, if VBA gets access to my VAMC records "only" when I sign the authorization form, I guess this form authorizes "every medical record" in the past, present, and future, because VBA seems to know more about me than my mother.   This is because I know the VBA has access to all my records.  

This said, can a Veteran "un-authorize" VBA access to my VHA benefits?  And, what happens if we do?  By signing that form, am I authorizing VBA to all my lifetime records?  

We can only access VAMC in the context of a claim. Every login is audited. No, you can't un-authorize it. We are required by federal law to gather all federal records that we can find, and private, but, private is a different form and it only authorizes gathering records for a period of 1 yr. 

30 minutes ago, broncovet said:

I will add:

(What Broken said about VBA and VHA being seperate) is probably the key reason Vets get called for an exam, and never get the notice or never get a call, and wind up being denied.  

(The Veteran thinks he changed his address and phone on ebenefits, when VAMC does not know it, and sends notice to the old address).  

It probably also explains why some Vets never get a copy of the VARO decision, because they move, change their address at VAMC and so VBA sends a decision to the old address.  

Many Vets, of course, dont know they have to change address at BOTH the VHA and VBA.  

Frustrating, especially since when we "call Peggy", we have no idea if the address/phone gets changed at VBA, VHA or both.  Ditto for a 21-4138, or "however" we change an address or phone.  

I still get phone calls from a landline phone I got rid of about 10 years ago, and have no idea how to fix that.  

21-4138's are VBA forms and only go to VBA. Not sure on the call center people, if they have access to one or both but I do know that what access they have is limited and they aren't cleared to see as much as I can.