VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How do I find out why I was granted VA aid and attendance benefits?

Rate this question

wingnut

Question

Hey Folks!

I am trying to find out what disability gave me my A&A. I want to make sure it is not connected to my new SMC L I was just granted.

Where would I find that info?

Thanks!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Read your decision.  And, one step better is to read the rate sheet which Vets dont get a copy but it is probably included in your VBMS file.  To get access to your vbms file, you have to be either an attorney or VSO or vets claim agent who has jumped through the hoops to get vbms access.  You could contact them and ask them.  

1.  Read your decision.

2.  Contact your VSO/attorney/etc with VBMS and ask them for rate sheet on decision.  

3.  Check your own files, to see if you saved a copy of the 21-2680.  I always recommend saving a copy of every document you send VA.  

4.  If you did not attend a A and A c and p exam, its probably not from a and a.  The 21-2680 specifically states its a request for c and p exam.  

5.  Probably the least reliable of all is to call Peggy, its unlikely they have a clue what you are talking about, no offense to hadit member JamesCripps intended.  I cant tell you how many times Veterans have asked questions concerning what "ask Peggy" (the 800 number) said.  Based. on my experience answering questions, as well as calling them myself multiple times, I have found Ask Peggy information to be unreliable and not documented.  

I cant tell you how many times Veterans post, "I was told......(fill in your own story here), and that's usually incorrect.  Or, "well ask Peggy said".....and its just plain wrong.