VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA closed claim but there was no mention of one of the items initially claimed?

Rate this question

redcurry90

Question

Any help appreciated. 

I filed a claim on 6 MAR 2023 for: 

Bipolar II Increase

Migraines w/ variants increase 

neck pain (secondary to back already established) 

I was given an answer on the bipolar claim a few weeks ago (increased). After that, it was basically crickets. Last night I log into the app and it says my claim has been finished & closed as of 2 JUN 2023. I opened the website to take a look at the decision letter and my request for migraines increase is nowhere to be found. I read it multiple times and my partner did as well (he has been through the claims process a few times). No mention of migraines whatsoever. I look under my individual ratings and nothing there either, just what has been there since I medically retired in May of 2020. The decision letter only mentions the neck pain, nothing on the migraines. Of course, it wasn't uploaded until about 20 minutes before they closed for the weekend. Other info: I had a C&P exam for both my neck and migraines done by the same examiner on the same day, and nothing was requested of me outside of that. Did the VA just drop the ball? Has anybody ever had this happen? I have spent the entire day scouring forums, the VA website and youtube to see if anyone had an answer and I'm coming up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I do plan to call first thing Monday but would like peace of mind if anybody has insight. Thanks!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I remember when ebenefits went online. Every time I won a claim, the website either showed nothing or something that was incorrect. You can call the VA and ask if your claims are fully or partially completed and when or if a decision letter was mailed. Until you have a copy of the letter in hand, they will not discuss if you won or lost anything. Keep in mind they may grant some and defer others.

Greetings,

Any updates with this? Because I’m going thru this now. I filed a supplemental for earlier effective dates for my ptsd/tbi ratings. The decision came Nov. 9 2023 and in the decision letter it added a claim I never claimed, also left out a claim that I wanted to claim. They left off my earlier effective date for tbi and decided to put tdiu which both was denied(ptsd & tdiu ED’s). I called Peggy the following morning and they put in a request to have it reopen because they clearly see what I claimed on the form. They didn’t know why it was put in I’m challenging my tdiu effective date when it’s nowhere on the form. I was informed to give them 30 days to decide this and to be waiting on another decision letter. Best of luck on your journey and thanks for the time.

Edited by Bluntly

For additional input advice try finding an experienced DAV, VFW, AMETS, etc. VSO at a VA Regional Office or Va hospital to help you sort all this out.   Their services are free to vets and you do not need to be a member of any of the vet organizations for help.  Be prepared to appeal down the line the VARO decision/s.  You seem to have a multi issue involved claim/s. Your situation is beyond my pay grade.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO