VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu And Vr&e

Rate this question

Stanley Shack

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

That depends- is your current degree and training no longer suitable for you in the context of your SC disabilities preventing you from doing it anymore? Voc won't pay for you to step up your current degree.

I agree with Broken spoke, but will add my 2 cents, tho he is certainly more current on this than I am.  

I do think you may be skating on some thin ice here.  When you are tdiu, you are unable to maintain SGE due to sc conditions, but when you seek a (advanced) college degree, the point of this for most people is to increase your earnings, that is, make your earnings more valuable.  Problem is with tdiu you are unable to earn money, so it kind of does not make sense to try to increase earnings that you cant earn.  

In other words, Ok, Im unable to earn $50,000 this year, so I will get a college degree so I will be unable to earn $75,000 next year, upon completion of the degree.  It really does not make sense, at least not in my world.