Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unadjusted Aggregate Disability Rating?

Rate this question

Top G

Question

I’m a 100% P&T VA disability rated veteran, and in using the VA Disability App, I see that I have a 99% “Unadjusted Disability Rating” also titled as “Unadjusted Aggregate Rating”. 

My assumption….is that this means no matter what the VA does to my rating, they cannot adjust 99% of my 100% rating. 

Please advise.

Edited by Top G

2 answers to this question

Whether or not it can be adjusted is subject to the 20yr rule, that's it. You may 99% on paper which is rounded to 100, or the calculators math could be off due to bilat factor. I've never used the VA tool you are using, I used either Microhealth, or I break out the paper chart and do it manually. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

You need not worry about "the VA's rounding up" your disability rating from 99 percent to 100 percent P and T.  

All this said, its a myth that 100 percent VA rating is as high (in compensation) as you can go.  

You may also seek compensation for SMC.  

In general, SMC is for 3 things:

1.  Loss of use of a body part or organ.  

2.  Being substantially confined to your premises, and unable to leave the house to go to work.  (SMC S, aka "housebound").  Its around an extra $450 per month if awarded SMC S.  

3.  Aid and Attendance.  If you need some help (even a family member) to do your ADL's (activities of daily living), then you would be eligible for A and A.  A and A is a higher level than SMC S.  

4.  If you apply for additional benefits, and are awarded, for example, a single 100 percent rating for PTSD, then you would almost certainly qualify for statutory housebound.  (100 percent, plus an additional 60 percent, seperate and distinct) qualifies you for SMC S statuatory housebound.  

I suggest you browse through this list, and if you have one or more of these, apply.  

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.350

Edited by broncovet