VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO Doctor issue

Rate this question

mad disabled veteran

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

5 answers to this question

I am going to go out on a limb, here.  I approved your post for publication, "subject to" your clarification.  

Here is what I mean.  

If you are a Veteran, and had a negative experience with this doctor, please post your opinion of what happened and how.  

Remember, online "Everyone is not always forthcoming about WHO they are".  I cant tell you how many times I have had "CVS" pharmacy email me and offer me a $95 gift card.  Sounds good, except the email is NOT from CVS, but instead, from scammers who use CVS name to lure victims into thinking, "Well, its CVS, it has to be for real".  NOPE.  

Using a well known name, like Walmart, CVS, social security, CVS, or other well known household names is often a scam..by people who "do NOT" represent Walmart, CVS, social security etc., but instead are phishing hoping you will take this "bait" which looks good, but is poison.  Sometimes Doctors names are used in this scam, so we are often not sure whether we are dealing with that firm (or doctor) or, did we get scammed by a scammer using his name as "bait".  

If you visiting this doctor's place of business and got a bad result, it was likely the doctor.  But, if you sent money to someone pretending to be him, then its not fair to the doctor to butcher his name because his good name was falsely used.  

Walmart, get this often.  The hackers pretend to be Walmart, and you are not filling out a survey, but instead, giving private information to hackers.  

After careful intensive internet research I was fortunate to find a 30 year experienced heart surgeon in Arizona to provide me with two positive medical opinions for a grand total of $1500.00.  Both those IMOs won two BVA appeals for me that included 50% for Sleep Apnea due to PTSD and increase in my VN AO Ischemic heart disease from 30 to 60% that then provided me with retroactive SMC-S and over $20,000.00 in back pay.  All this occurred within past 2 years. 

The BVA decisions were clear in their statements that this private doctor's IMOs were the most important medical evidence I submitted for my claims/appeals.

This doctor is favorable well known to the BVA judges now for many years.

I feel it is important to post the good with the bad experience that vets have with private doctor IMOs.  And yes contrary to what some present and former VA raters say the Board of Vet appeals refers to private doctor medical opinions as IMOs !!!!!!!

perkinsmyVietnamawardsdecorationsmedalsribbonincludingwingsandCMB.jpg.dfc4e09f61903ff61f93906e6bbacf85.jpg

Edited by Dustoff1970
  • Community Owner
18 hours ago, mad disabled veteran said:

I'm just finding this site. I am another victim of Dr. Seiter I was scammed out of $2500 just 3 weeks ago please guys do not trust this guy

I like broncocet am going to let this stand. I found out the hard way like you.  Please PM me and I will tell you who to contact about this. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use