Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting For C&p Exam - Any Suggestions ?

Rate this question

devildog 71

Question

Hi All;

Been laid up for awhile - had bypass surgery this past December - but am feeling a little better now.

Anyway ,I filed my claim via my Am. Legion VSO last June (2006) - The first part of January - this year '2007 I called the 800 # to inquire about the status of my claim , and if they knew when I could expect to get an appt for the C&P - all I was told was that , "It's still being verified. It could take up to another six months or a year."

Is this normal ?? Can my VSO do something to put a 'fire' under them to speed things up ??

Any and all suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks..

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Guest jangrin

devildog71,

We have not recieved accurate information from the 800# in the past. We have sent in IRIS inquiries and we seem to recieve not only better information regarding the claim, but it also seems to get the file moving to the next step.

We usually ask for a telephone call back on the response when we can get the person to actually look in the file for us. A couple of times I know it was taken out of the moth ball pile and dusted off and sent to the next step, such as C+P exams.

Try the IRIS. They might be a little more specific. Good luck.

Jangrin

PS-glad your feeling better, you might be able to put a hardship request in becasue of the heart bypass. Just a thought.

Edited by jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder

Your Service Officer should at least ask for 100% while you recuperate from your bypass surgery.

Its probably taking to long and you might consider a nudge.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

devildog 71,

The time frame you have been given sounds a little long. I am not familar with your claim. However, the VA is not compeled to schedule a C&P just because you file a claim or ask for a C&P. They ignored my request for 5 years.

Just as a guess I would think that if it is a PTSD claim they will verify your duty status or want a verifiable stressor before they would schedule a C&P. If it is a claim for a presumptive disorder then they should schedule the C&P if a post service diagnosis from a doctor is submitted with the claim. Any other types of medical or psychiatric conditions usually requires medical evidence of both an inservice and post service diagnosis before they will schedule a C&P.

If you get a denial prior to the C&P it could be so vague as not explain why the C&P was not warranted. In this event check back here on hadit.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

• HadIt.com Elder

By the way. If you have or can get strong evidence from a current treating physician and submit it to the RO they could award the claim without a C&P. Additionally, it makes it harder for a C&P examiner to write a bogus C&P when he is required to review the strong evidence from the treating doctor.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

By the way. If you have or can get strong evidence from a current treating physician and submit it to the RO they could award the claim without a C&P. Additionally, it makes it harder for a C&P examiner to write a bogus C&P when he is required to review the strong evidence from the treating doctor.

Thank All for the info..Just FYI , in JUNE'06 my VSO and I filed the ORIGINAL claim - then a month later - in JULY '06 - we completed and filed (afterhearing from the VA)the response to FDVA letter (Statement in support of claim) and completed VA Form 0781 , as well as VA VCAA - I also attached copies of forms ; 21-4138; 21-4142 ; and medical records from BOTH my civilian Doc's as well as my VA Shrink and Doc's and also my in-patient stays -along with the current meds I'm on - My initial claim is for PTSD , but my VSO said he was "going to throw in " ALL my medical problems , i.e., Type 2 Diabetes ; Empysema ; MDD ; Hypertension ; COPD ; respiratory and coronary problems ,etc..Of course , I had my bypass surgery in Dec'06 (5 months AFTER I responded with the stressor letter,etc..) Should I go ahead and have my VSO mail THOSE med records to them NOW ?? Also , my VA shrink 'upped' my Celexa from 20 to 40mg and my Lorazepam (0.5mg) to 3x a day - that's in addition to the Plavix ,Coreg , and Nitro I'm NOW on as well as my Metformin being 'upped' from 500mg to 850mg tabs - 2x a day and my Atenolol (50mg) tabs 2x a day...I apologize for 'rambling' on - but will get with my VSO next week and let you know what he says..Thanks all and God Bless...

Devildog71

post-1482-1174565537_thumb.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

Veteran, are you service connected for Hypertension?

If you are that will be the fastest avenue to take to obtain SC for a heart condition. The VA will take their time if a claim is considered as a secondary such as DMII.

Anyhow according to your post, I am willing to bet if you call back again you may get an entirely different answer.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.