Micbaker132

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Assuming you already have your entire military service records, file a "Notice Of Intent To File" to begin seeking compensation for ALL issues that you believe should be service connected, either direct, or secondary.

This will entitle you to the earliest possible compensation benefits.

Once you have collected the evidence meeting those three Caluza elements, file the claim(s) with that supporting evidence.

Get the Caluza's and get service connected:

1.  Must have a current diagnois.

2.  Documented event in service you allege caused your injury.  (With ptsd.. that is called a "stressor".)

3.  Independent Medical Opinion from a medical professional including Psy-D, M.D., P.A., or R-NP, that it's at least as likely as not that an in-service event resulted in your current condition. The medical professional must indicate they reviewed your military records and provide a reasonable supporting rationale included in their independent medical opinion.

This opinion does NOT have to be from your treating medical provider, as most of them in my case, refused to help me obtain benefits.

This establishes the nexus, aka connection, to service.

You are your best advocate.

P.S.: The VA does not like to pay compensation so expect to fight for what you have earned.

Edited by 63Charlie

4 hours ago, Micbaker132 said:

I have several medical issues that are noted in my records as Gulf War Rated, but no compensation is given.

How do I get these symptoms reviewed for compensation?

https://ngwrc.net/

Lots of good info here.  It helped me in getting IBS, and Fibromyalgia get approved.  Try to get diagnosis' on each ailment you have.  You will need these to get approved.

• Community Owner

I would call your local VA Medical Center and as to speak to the people who are screening for the PACT Act. Because you are Gulf War the VA has what is called presumptives. What that means is there are conditions that because you served there that you automatically possibly qualify for. The VA will have to run you through the rating process to see how bad you are. 

On 7/31/2023 at 9:37 AM, Micbaker132 said:

I have several medical issues that are noted in my records as Gulf War Rated, but no compensation is given.

How do I get these symptoms reviewed for compensation?

I would say that if you already have disabilities rated at 0% then the only thing you need to do is apply for increases in those rating percentages. Because they are rated, you or your records have already won the hard part of the Caluza Elements and or service connection. All you need to do is to prove that your disabilities are more severe than when they were initially rated. Disabilities are rated as non-compensable or the lowest rating of 0%. One of the main things is to make sure you get these symptoms documented by seeking treatment when they flare up or show signs of acting up. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.