Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Calculating For Tdiu

Rate this question

nlualum82

Question

I am 50% SC for my hearing loss.

I have 4 claims that have been C & P'ed recently and am hoping I can last long enough at the post office to see some security for my family - possibly OPM disability retirement-SSDI-TDIU route.

If they were to low-ball me on PTSD at 30% (I've only had 2 GAF's, both 45 from different people) that would be 50 + 30 = 65, rounded to 70% check.

Would that fulfill the 70% requirement? For the TDIU standard do they use a "real math" total (80%), a VA math total, or the amount of your compensation check?

My other 3 are being grumbled about (knee, tinnitus, chronic otitis) and are probably all 10%'ers. By VA math they would have to grant me at least 2 of them to top an actual 70 in VA math!

I know TDIU can be granted under certain conditions with less than 70% but I'd feel more secure waiting for the process if I had that one less thing to worry about.

Gary

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

RockyA - You are incorrect, X5% rounds up.

Morgan, the only problem with that table is that it disregards the 'Bilateral' factor, as I told the author, whose name is pasted below it.

:( B) :) :(

Oops. missed that below the table. How does the bilateral apply? I wasn't aware of a difference for bilateral. I guess that's why I come to Hadit! B)