VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Oxucodone Is Late

Rate this topic

My oxycodone is four days late I'm out and starting to withdraw. I've been out for 4 days. Call the VA they sent it out on the 15th I ordered @ the 8th. MY PC doc was out of the country. I recevied my first script on 2/16. Had been on htdrocodone for 3 years prior. Been taking Xanx & topamax to help w/ pain. What can I do. If its not here to day I will die. The diarrha has started. I'm at work, so sleepy I can't hold up my head and legs are hurting. HELP!! Mail runs at !1:00 :lol:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call your VA and talk to a patient advocate. Explain your situation and ask that they have your doctor call in a script for you at your local pharmacy to get you by until they can get your medication to you. Have a number to your local pharmacy ready. When they mail this to you, do you have to sign for it? If so, they will be able to verify that you have not received it yet and are not abusing it. They should do this for you. If they don't call your congressman's office and ask to speak to someone about Veterans issues and tell them what is happening and ask them to make a call for you.

Go to the VA if you can to ER and they will get you your meds.
and a attitude to go with it. Last time that happened to me the doctor said I dont have time for you and you PCP who cant get your shit together with the pain clinic

• HadIt.com Elder

Going to the VAMC ER for narcotic pain medicine will not work.

It's fairly routine for the VA to go pass the renewal date for pain meds. I usually get skipped a whole months supply every yr. Often recieve them a week or so late.

Withdral symptoms? Thats one of the reasons, I "refuse" to take Methadone.

Feel like your going to die? Thats not going to matter to "anyone" at the VAMC. It happens way to often to matter. Almost like it's a cost saving agenda, isn't it?

Allan