Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam for ED

Rate this question

jdman

Question

I had a C&P exam for ED for SMC K. I was notified of it. Was told it was 6am a week ago on Friday. I got up early for the appointment but no one ever called. I called QTC about 7 am and was told that they didn't need any information from me. I had submitted my medical records as documentation showing that I was diagnosed with this condition by my VA doctor and am being treated for it. Is this common to where they don't do a C&P exam on you? Is it a good sign that I will get SC for this? I am 100% P & T already since 2014. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The VA has discrection on whether or not to call for a c and p exam.  Generally it means one of 2 things:

1.  An exam is not needed because there is already sufficient evidence in the file to grant the claim.  OR

2.  There is insufficient evidence, but a c and p exam "wont fix the problem".  An example of this could be you apply for a "knee issue".  However, you lack a significant Caluza element:  There is no "in service event" that you can point to in the military that caused your knee issue.   If you dont have an in service event, this usually means there can be no nexus.  A nexus is a doc opinion that your "in service event" at least as likely as not caused your claimed condition.  No inservice event, then a nexus cant fly..  However, you may not need an "in service event" for ED.  For example, if you are service connected for PTSD and the doctor puts you on meds which are known to cause sexual side effects, such as ED, you may be able to get SC secondary to PTSD. 

• Greeter

It was probably an ace exam in which they didn’t need you to be present. Allow the process to go through and wait on your brown envelope for a decision.