Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Military Medical Records from Janesville Wi

Rate this question

Samuel Ivory

Question

4 answers to this question

It can take anywhere from six months to a year to get a copy of your records. Of course, this is just a guess but the sooner you request your records the sooner you will get them.  

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

VA has a very precise time table for everything.  (No time limits for VA to do anything):

"The VA completes something exactly when they want to, and not one second earlier. "

Sorry but there is no time frame on sending your records, but there probably should be.  

If you just exited the service, it helps a bunch when you apply within a year, regardless of whether or not you have received your records yet. 

• Community Owner

It depends on when you served. You don't get you Military Medical records from Janesville. (Thats VA only.) The last time I requested the in 2022 it took two months to get a CD from the National Archives. (Requested all of the 201 file with medical records.) If you are talking about you VA claims file you will have to do an FOIA request to St Louis. I think I created a template using the VA's FOIA form. 

Pre Filled Template Standard Fform-180.pdf Template 20-10206-ARE FOIA-Privacy Act Request (Exp 10-31-23).pdf Template c-file request to VA RMC-AMB.pdf

4 hours ago, Rattler said:

It depends on when you served. You don't get you Military Medical records from Janesville. (Thats VA only.) The last time I requested the in 2022 it took two months to get a CD from the National Archives. (Requested all of the 201 file with medical records.) If you are talking about you VA claims file you will have to do an FOIA request to St Louis. I think I created a template using the VA's FOIA form. 

Pre Filled Template Standard Fform-180.pdf 922 kB · 0 downloads Template 20-10206-ARE FOIA-Privacy Act Request (Exp 10-31-23).pdf 1.46 MB · 0 downloads Template c-file request to VA RMC-AMB.pdf 642.81 kB · 2 downloads

These are great templates. 😃 I used the SF-180 and then deciphered the page 3 request location based on the Branch and Years in service. Mine took less than three months for USMC 2002/06. But the first time I think I asked the wrong agency and nothing happened. 🤪

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/standard-form-180.html

Edited by IndySam