Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Intent to File just showed up (7 times)

Rate this question

Kuwaitin08

Question

On my most recent claim, I was able to get service connected to put me at the 100% mark and was permanent  and total. I had submitted an intent to file in August 2023. 

When I received my decision letter, I saw that for whatever reason there was a newer intent to file that occurred in March however, I never submitted a new intent to file. The date of this intent file was the same date a supplemental claim was submitted.

The strangest part is not only was there one intent to file on that date, but there were seven. This definitely is indicative of some sort of error.

I had taken my time and spoke to ebenefits customer service and tech-support, and the other VA claims representatives to see if they could pull up the intent to file to verify if I actually submitted it, but nobody has access to see the document and can only see that the system said it was submitted.

How can I get this fixed and who should I contact? This error has cost me over seven months of backpay.

I fully understand I could dispute the date.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Community Owner

I have used VERA before. What I would do is request an in-person meeting at the RO. They can then pull up the intent to files and print them out for you. I would also request your C-File but be aware that it takes 6 to 9 months to get it. Requesting an RO meeting is much quicker via VERA. As broncovet stated you need to keep in mind the 1 year to appeal via NOD or HLR. Without knowing what is in the tent to file you are kind of shooting in the dark on filing a NOD or HLR.