blahsaysme2u

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VA.gov is working fine for me.  My advice:

Power cycle (turn off then turn on) your computer AND do the same with your router. 

Your computer may be set to auto update (good idea) but often a computer restart is required to engage the update.  You may well not know this, and my above advice should fix this and install a pending update, if needed.  

If you have not used your computer in some time, or if you neglected to restart it in the past and just kept using it, then you may have to do this more than once.  ONCE for each update, 

and, sometimes updates can be just a few weeks or even days apart, and you need to do all of them.  

Installing updates is important.  You see there is a constant war going on between the "white hats" (people who work on computers trying to keep your's safe) and hackers.  There are thousands

of workers working right now trying to find and fix hacking problems.  Its the same thing with cops and robbers, each is trying to outdo the other, and trying to think up clever new ways to do this.  

Edited by broncovet

Va.gov is working fine for now.

You may want to clear your history including the cookies on each site you go to from time to time also.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

All of the above said, you could check VA gov now, and 10 minutes later, it may not be working.  Sometimes, the problem is with You.  As Pacman said, your cookies and or history may bring up a past error, your network could be down, and, of course, you could have some sort of malware on your computer.  Sometimes, computers give crazy errors when they need an update.  Your computer needs updates, the browser needs updates, and VA.gov needs updates, too.  Any of these can cause problems.  '

Most modern computers are set to auto update, but it often requires a restart to install the new update.  So, the update is installed, but it wont really work until you restart your computer.  Your browser, too, may need to be restarted after a browser update.  

All of the above is mostly about computer security.