• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't have an example but I do think that you need to explain why you need a quicker consideration. About to be homeless or a terminal illness is about all that works.

Another route is to go to the VARO if you can an ask for a Councellor and explain that you need a consideration as quick as possible. My experience is that when I took someone to meet them face to face it really helped.

I agree with Pete-

I have a terminal vet I helped whose rep said he would help him, file for hardship and faster decision-

I told the vet to give the vet rep his recent discharge certificate from the hospial and any medical narrative the VA doc wrote as his cancer is terminal, and he cant last too long.

Financial hardship- mortgage foreclosure notices,Property tax foreclosure threats- bankruptcy statements -they might help- but this type of request assumes the award should be made.

As long as the VA has probative medical evidence to award they might consider a financial hardship case- but I think they would favor terminal illness over that.

It just takes a letter with any evidence of hardship attached to it-

how long has it been since you filed your claim?

Have you heard anything at all from the VA ?