VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Ssoc Proposed

Rate this question

Berta

Question

"SUMMARY: The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) proposes to amend its

regulations regarding the time limit for filing a response to a

Supplemental Statement of the Case in appeals to the Board of Veterans'

Appeals (Board). We propose to change the response period

[[Page 14057]]

from 60 days to 30 days. The purpose of this change is to improve

efficiency in the appeals process and reduce the time that it takes to

resolve appeals while still providing appellants with a reasonable" etc

I fail to see how this can possibly improve "effeciency" as the VARO-unlike the olden days- ignores these responses in many cases-responses which could alter their denials-

You can make public comment at

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

Has anyone else here made Public comment on VA 2007- VBA-0013-0001 ?

This was the ancilliary bill that has been proposed.

I asked the feds to change the Bonny V. Principi regulations.

They are unfair to Section 1151 claimants.

They are unfair to any veteran's survivor if the veteran died due to VA health care prior to Dec 16,2003.If VA killed the vet after Dec 16, 2003 the survivor gets all accrued benefits-if they malpracticed and caused death before that date-the survivor does not get all accrued benefits.

Section 1151 claimants do NOT get the same ancillary benefits as others do.

CHAMPVA does not come with a Sec 1151 death award-nor does Chap 35-nor does the survivor get the Mortgage Guaranty Certificate.

It seems to me that when VA commits malpractice to the point of causing a veterans death- the survivors should equal rights as other Direct SC survivors- to all appropriate benefits.

I get CHAMPVA and Chap 35 because Rod was 100% SC P & T before VA caused his death-CHAMPVA told me many Sec 1151 survivors are astonished to find that they are not eligible for CHAMPVA under Sec 1151 deaths.

This is unconscionable when you consider the pain of knowing that a death was caused by the US of A in the form of VA medical care.Yet Section 1151 survivors do not get equal treatment under the law. That has to change.

Has anyone added comments on the other parts of this proposed regulation?

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Strech,

I've heard of a boot in your a$$ but not a truck in your nose.

After reading about some really upsetting things that have happened, like the former hadit member who was sexually assaulted by the VA doc, and the whole thing Berta has gone through is crushingly sad, I couldn't help but get a laugh out of your chevy snoze NOD.

Perhaps you will need to go to an Ear, Eyes, Nose, and Throat doctor and get an IMO verifying that you don't, in fact, have a truck in your nose! :-)

Well, I'm getting punchy - this is my second night without any sleep so I'll close.

I realize that the VA is working in the land of the ludicrious when they write stuff like they did on your report and it has to be frustrating for you so please don't be offended at my merriment.

If we don't laugh we'll go screaming into the night, or as the case my be, daylight.

Good Luck,

ts

• In Memoriam

We have to laugh. I was going to ask the VA for a winch to pull the truck out, but decided no I will save it for a more opportune time.

Hello sixthscents,

You seem fairly sharp about VA proceedures. Do you work or volinteer at the veterans affairs or for a national service organization?

Allan

Hello Allan,

Nope, I have been working claims since 2002, starting with my own. I had a person locally ask me a couple questions when they learned I was a vet also, and it grew from there. I am a volunteer advocate, and work claims both locally and nation-wide. In the last several years I have managed to learn a great deal about the VA thanks in a large part to some of the people here on Hadit, VBN, and of course by constantly reading. That's a biggie you have to read CFR38, M21-1 and all the CAVC cases etc. you can to understand how things work.

I work one-on-one with an active list of about 50 claims right now, and probably another 60 or so more that are pending action by the veteran. It's a bit of work, but it can be a great deal of fun and VERY rewarding.

All of us here have "specialty" areas that we are better with, or so it seems. I am most versed with back injury claims, but have over time learned a great deal about the rest. What I know is due to people like Vike, VBNPop, Berta, and well heck almost everybody. Often I will be working one claim, and discover an answer for another. Anyway it been a great learning experience, and I have gotten a lot of satisfaction from seeing veterans finally get the compensation they deserve.

I try to work directly with soldiers ETSing out of Ft. Knox, and have a decent relationship with the staff of the holding company there. I prefer to start working a claim while the service member is still actually in service. Its simply the best place to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed BEFORE the vet gets out.

Anyway, whatever I know has been learned over time. I was at the start just a confused and lost as many veterans who find their way here. Anyway, thanks for the compliment, but there are many here who know a great deal more than me.

Terry,

You wont give me any examples as to what you think is bad advice

well Terry, I seem to remember a whole slew of disagreement only a few weeks ago... have you forgotten that already? The whole go to the BVA immediately thing? Or hey how about you inflammatory post yesterday about the new committee? Guess you missed that too.

If you cant understand my problem with your "advise"... well thats just indicative of your problems. I didn't change anything you said, though I did misquote you once, and corrected that error in front of everyone. Simply put Terry your advise is wrong... and I have stated that again and again here and on the old board as well as VBN.

I do give you credit when you are right, however seldom that is. You gave the "yell at your doctor" advise on the old board and I commented upon it several time since then. It had NOTHING to do with any female getting abused, it was just more of "Terry's talk".

Terry, I have and will continue to point out when you are wrong. I will simply ignore the normal junk you post but when you offer your so called "advise", and its wrong, expect me to comment. I invite the same. Further I am NOT asking for a PRIVATE discussion with you... you gotta be kidding. Nope, I suggested moving this discussion to one of the other forums here on Hadit, but yet again you take something out of context, spin it, and try to make it into something else. Transparency Terry, or affirmation? (sigh)

I'm so not going to go thru your 1200 plus posts, simply because they are normally just your opinion or infammatory posts about the VA, or some conspiracy bull. Honestly you just aint worth the time. So, post what you will, but expect me to chime in if you are wrong... as usual. As far as the "stalking", I guess you totally missed the whole post again about you telling someone to go BVA first etc etc etc... You legal genuis you... but hey diodnt mommy pay for a laywer to win your claim?... For some reason I didn't need mommy to hire one for me... but I'm not a legal genuis.... Now go tell someone to file a Writ again... yep that'll really make the VA take notice...

(sigh)... anyway, just go do your thing Terry... just expect me to correct you when you are blatently wrong... as I have done.

For all you others, I invite AND expect to be corrected if I give wrong advise. I am asking that you do so... otherwise how can I learn? I am not picking on Terry, like I said, I think we should move this discussion to another forum here on Hadit. Terry drug me into this by bringing up the fcat that I reccomended he be banned for his idiotic "advise". If Terry doesnt want me to comment all he has to do is:

A. Leave me the heck out of his comments

and

B. Give sound common sense advise based upon the regulation, facts, and the broad common opinions held by most experienced members.

I'm not trying to censor Terry for his comments, but I am advocating it due to his "advise". I'm not hiding that opinion at all. I could "ignore" his posts with a click... and that's really tempting, but.. he'd still be putting out bad "advise", and if I am trying to help, then it would be wrong for me to simply sit back and let him tell new vets exactly how to screw up their claims...

Anyway Terry, I think this has reached a stopping point. To continue the discussion will just take time away from my advocacy work... which I actually do, instead of just spouting off junk all day long.

End of Story.

• Founder

unnecssary terry, you can assume anything you want, but if someone worked at the va and comes here to help i think there is nothing wrong with this - i find vike's comments concise and thoughtful

if you don't want vike's or anyone's advice ignore them

Dear Rick

Im assuming because Vike 17 has the MN Viking pic on his sign here. he did work for the MN RO office there. I was in that office from 1976 to 1989 trying to get my claim approved. That RO was terribel.

Terry Higgins

I fully agree with TBIRD concerning Vike 17. I posed many questions on this board, and Vike17 responded to many of them. I didn't always get the answer i wanted to hear, however I did get answers based on VA law. Maybe his bedside manner was a work in progress, But answers to my Questions were always right on.

While browsing another board, I found a post by vike17. He was concerned that a answer he gave on this board might have been in error. He got a response from someone he felt had more experience in this particular field than he did. As it turned out he had been right. He politely thanked him and that was it

PERSONALLY I WISH HE WOULD COME BACK ON BOARD. I WOULD VENTURE TO SAY MORE PEOPLE VALUED HIS OPINION THAN HE REALIZED.

I MUST SAY THAT I FIND MYSELF IN FULL AGREEMENT WITH THE OPINION OF A PATICULAR ARTHOR ON ONE SUBJECT AND TOTAL DISAGREEMENT ON THE NEXT.

Does that make me right or wrong? I say no only human.

kkp