Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well Its Over With I Got My 100% Schedular

Rate this topic

betrayed

Congrats my good friend! However, my question is what are you going to do now - no more fighting, no more stress, no more.......... I tell you what - let me give your my claim, I will go hide in a cave and you call me when you get it approved hahahahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congradulations Betrayed on winning- I´m sure it was a fight to the finish. Good work!

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

• 3 weeks later...
Betrayed,

Check out http://www.dod.mil/dfas/retiredpay/concurr...abilitypay.html as it discusses concurrent payment of retirement benefits and VA compensation. Also go to the link on the left that will show you the rates. Yes, you can draw both retirement pay and VA compensation. In fact, those who are 100% VA rated receive full payment of both. This began in 2004 with a phase in. Later (Date I do not know) those at 100% schedular where granted full concurrent receipt--you receive your full military retirement and VA compensation.

Good luck!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

deleted

Edited by BETRAYED

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

I did a little reasearch and found that you can receive the $300 kicker. What I found may not be "Correct" but I would be surprised if not. You can either follow the link or read the excerpts below.

http://www.defenselink.mil/prhome/docs/con..._retire_07a.pdf

The Department of Defense (DoD) is, and has been, making extra payments to retirees to overcome some or all the offset from retired pay associated with receipt of disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Retirees cannot receive benefits simultaneously under more than one of these three programs."....

".......3. Special Compensation for Severely Disabled Retirees (SCSD): The SCSD program was repealed effective January 1, 2004, and replaced with more generous benefits under the CRDP program described above.

Members had to have 20 years of service for the computation of retired pay. Those retired under disability retirement provisions (i.e., chapter 61, title 10, United States Code) were excluded from eligibility.

Effective October 1, 1999: SCSD became effective October 1, 1999 for qualified retirees with VA disabilities rated 70% or more within 4 years of retirement. The criteria were relaxed October 1, 2001, to include chapter 61 retirees so long as they had the required 20 years of service. Effective February 1, 2002, the criteria were again relaxed to include those with disabilities rated 60% or more within 4 years of retirement. 37,000 members were eventually compensated. Members not compensated who provide evidence of their qualifications may be retroactively compensated for any months in which they met the requirements of law.

Effective January 1, 2004: No benefits are payable under SCSD for periods after December 31, 2003"

Scottyp65, thanks dude you found what I couldnt and the SCSD is what I was talking about as far as a kicker when I started this thread

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.