Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chptr 35 Benefits

Rate this question

JR Reihs

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It now seems that anyone that is in or contemplating on using the educational benefits needs to get ready for long delays with processing.

I called to check on the status of my wifes Chapter 35 benefits today and was told, ( we will get to it when we get to it ) I was P***ed to say the least, I ask the lady in a nice way if we could expect a retro before she graduates , and I guess she did not like that question as she said it takes 8 to 16 weeks fron filing time.

I told her that my son used his last year but that he was now enlisted in the Airforce, so he did not return but at that time they were processing in 4 to 6 weeks, well I got the ( It was last year excuse.)

Now that I am realy PO'ed about this , does someone have the ST louis directors name and or E-mail addy?

I feel like I have just filed a claim for SC comp , more waiting hoops to jump through ARRRGGG.

This is not Rocket Science, they have all the info, and have had it for almost 3 months.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It now seems that anyone that is in or contemplating on using the educational benefits needs to get ready for long delays with processing.

I called to check on the status of my wifes Chapter 35 benefits today and was told, ( we will get to it when we get to it ) I was P***ed to say the least, I ask the lady in a nice way if we could expect a retro before she graduates , and I guess she did not like that question as she said it takes 8 to 16 weeks fron filing time.

I told her that my son used his last year but that he was now enlisted in the Airforce, so he did not return but at that time they were processing in 4 to 6 weeks, well I got the ( It was last year excuse.)

Now that I am realy PO'ed about this , does someone have the ST louis directors name and or E-mail addy?

I feel like I have just filed a claim for SC comp , more waiting hoops to jump through ARRRGGG.

This is not Rocket Science, they have all the info, and have had it for almost 3 months.

Jeff- that seems way too long-

If she had chosen her school and it was VA approved there should be no problem.

Both my kid and I got our Chap 35 Eligibility Certificates , that were also sent by VA, to the colleges too, in about 3 weeks.

They,VA , of course , made errors on our entitlement dates and that took about three more weeks to fix.

There is always something. But still our enrollments went through pretty fast.

I suggest that you go to the VA web site and under Edication Icon ,submit a Query under the education pop down menu-

This should get you a response as to the status of the application and better yet- the VA edu email addy which has been invaluable to me, as a student-

I send the VA counselor at my school the course info and email a CC to the VA edu dept at my VARO.

That way they both have the info ,the VA counselor at the school verifies my attendance and then it should go pretty smooth. They divide the course time frame into the amount they send each month.

When some of my kids were in school, the school student activities fund helped them out with no interest loans during the process.

Edited by Rich T

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

JR like Bertha says it is better for the school rep. who handles VA certifications do the communicating.

When my wife started taking a distance learning class from Mass. the VARO from that area (Buffalo,N.Y.) had to be brought in, even thought we live in the south. If the school is on the VA's certified list the rep.at the should know how to deal geeting your wife certified. The pay will be retroactive. God Bless. Jim