Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Dav Rep Quits On Me During Claim At Raters Now What?

Rate this question

Lady Chance

Question

Hi everyone

I am already worried and now I find out my DAV REP Quits on me. My claim is at the Raters and I have no one who can seem to help me. I tried to call DAV they pretty much told me to just wait it out. Should I just find another REP. I really feel like its to late.

Lady Chance

:rolleyes:

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I find out my DAV REP Quits on me.

Lady Chance

:rolleyes:

explain this please

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

Lady Chance- the DAV should assign you another NSO-

I am assuming they still hold your POA-

I dont know the circumstances you had with this rep.

When I realised the local rep boss was giving me wrong advice and had messed up my claim

I asked for the other rep who works there and got him immediately-

Also when I complained about the way my claim was handled the Division 's main big boss threatened to rescind my POA 3-4 times-

until I started sending him documentation of my complaints.

I have continued to complain about them at higher levels but they have stopped tnreathening me because I can prove 3 local vet reps are not doing their jobs.

We dont know the circumstances and I feel you are at a critical point in your claim-why did the NSO quit on you?

the DAV has other reps probably right at the VARO building and they should be willing to assign another one to you.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

I totally aagree, call the DAV and have them assign you another rep. When you sign the POA form, it does not mean that the one rep is assisting you, It means the DAV is assisting you. If they dont, I am sure other Veterans Service Organizations are at the regional office where your claim is.It is easy to change.

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Before my DAV Rep quit on me he told me he received a nasty letter from VA Winston-Salem VA This was after we filed my reconcideration June 2006. I had requested all my medical records all C& P everything which he did not tell me to do other VETS told me I had a right to see and get all copies VA had, after that his attitude changed. The other Reps there did not want to go into the matter. They just said he quit and be patient and wait out the rating I can never get a correct anwser from VA or DAV. I feel like they are all playing games.

Lady Chance

Are they still holding your POA?

I find it odd that a RO would send a vet rep a nasty letter.

I wish you were not being treated this way-

when I asked for a different rep , the rep I first had changed his tune a little- but still I had to file complaints----

WHat you said struck a chord with me-

the last email I got from the newer rep said he wasn't 'playing games' with me-

but that is when I realised he was too-(14 emails-one question to them and no answer just 14 email responses of BS without answering the question)

so I told their big boss who pays them.

There isnt much they can do while the claim is in rating board but this is a critical time to be sure they are representing you after the rating decision is made.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

When I filed my intial claim it was trhough some type of office at Fort Knox. I was not impressed with that individuals knowledge nor his customer service skills. I honestly felt like I was viewed as an imposition. I wanted to take a few minutes and talk about the fact that I had received a Special Separation Bonus when I left active duty in 1993, but the things for which I was filing had all occurred or were aggravated during a latter period of active duty (1998 - 2004). In fact, the medical records that I was turning in were for that period. This meant that any compensation that was awarded based on those records were not subject to collection to pay back the SSB. The man that typed my paperwork did not want to hear anything about that, and told me the VA knows what they are doing and wiould get it right. Well, they did not, despite numerous phone calls (including to this same man) pointing the regulation out. I realized that I had done all the research that was needed to prove my point and this idiot that had "helped" me, had done nothing but type, and darn it, I can type my own documents, and do better research. Sure, if I had a VSO I might find out the results sooner, but as far as I can tell it would not speed up the process and in fact may impeded it.

Just my view

Edited by huskerfanfl

Tim

Vet and proud of it