VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Website For Iraq And Afghanistan Vets Only

Rate this question

halos2

Question

www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfapr09/nf042109.htm the story is here and I logged in and saw the "New Website" and blog for them only. It is www.oefoif.va.gov I thought it was only a matter of time. The VA is trying to pit all of us against our brothers and sisters of recent conflicts. They even have a pic with vet and family at a VA in Pa and a big banner "Welcome Home American Heroes"

I remember like yesterday the terrible ways the viet nam vets were treated for many years.

It makes no sense to push anyone ahead unless their condition warrants, ie dying, severe traumatic injuries(severe amputations), blindness, etc. This is the VA doing this not our fellow vets.

For those of us who waited years and tried to "tuff it out" and now get shafted, I feel the pain. Take a number fellow vet, oh you are too old, get at the back of the line. I want to cry, but am cried out now. B)

Edited by halos2

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Lets not make mountains out of mole hills. I think that there is good reason to give priority to returning Veterans and as far as I have encountered the good old Dallas VA is more or less the same it has always been. Truthfully very few Veterans at Dallas VA are under 50

I didn't dream up this story in my head. Larry Scott has it on his site. I found it and simply stated the story posted and the facts relivent to my case. I am not going to go there as we all have our opinions and you are fortunate to have a VA that basically stays the same. I have not had fair experiences at mine, and can vouch for many others who have not either. However I thought the purpose of this site was to be able to speak/write freely about our feelings and maybe our beliefs and if I step on toes well I guess we need to get out steel toe boots. This is a democracy and I am greatful to tbird for allowing us this forum. That is the beauty of a democratic system, but I do not try to offend others or make a mockery of what someone may say/feel/write. More older vets seem to live in warmer climates too.

Lets not make mountains out of mole hills. I think that there is good reason to give priority to returning Veterans and as far as I have encountered the good old Dallas VA is more or less the same it has always been. Truthfully very few Veterans at Dallas VA are under 50

I too checked out the new site. Looks good, and I am sure will be an aid to returning vets.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will speed up claims or change the process/battle.

God forbid a person could log-in and check the status of your claim, or even crazier directly EMAIL someone at the VA.

I can do my taxes on-line. My daughter can apply to USNA via the web, sure makes you wonder why the VA can not make the leap.

Ok, I will get off my soap box. I'm a fan of the "VA" on facebook....Ha!

Eric

• HadIt.com Elder

Halos2

Sorry if you got the wrong Idea from my post. I know its coming from Larry Scott it was posted here and a good thing to talk about. Unfortunately some are trying to drive a wedge between Veterans.

I meant no criticism of you in the least and think its a good thing for all to discuss anything that is VA related provided it does not get personal.

The National Veterans Legal Services Program also has a pro bono Lawyers for Warriors program specifically for any OIF OEF vet having claims problems with the VA.

They can be contacted via their NVLSP web site.

Although I agree that all vets are created equal and should get equal treatment from VA-I emphatically believe that we owe these young men and women a much better transition and claims process then most of you got.

If Vietnam vets had organized in the 1960s and 1970s and said we aren't taking this crap anymore-

and if we had an internet them to help them organize-perhaps the VA would be different today.

Former Secretary Peake's own remarks as to the 'new' vets is what has attempted to cause animosity in veterans of all periods of service.

You were all "NEW" vets at some point in time.

I have been in vets advocacy for over 20 years-

I am ashamed on what our returning men and women have to face with the VA

and ashamed that I didn't do more in the 1980s when I started advocacy for veterans.

If we had done more in those days ,things would be different now for these men and women.

The VA actually had the nerve to tell a shrapnel injured TBI vet from Iraq last year that he didnt get that shrapnel in a combat incoming or IED situation.

Where the Hell did he get it then- did a doctor set off an IED at Walter Reed while this vet was hospitalized there ?

My claim is over 6 years old -and if the delay is due to standing aside for any vet, (I have a widow's claim pending)and specifically for an OIF OEF vet-I dont care-

but the delay is realistically due to fed employees at high GS levels who cannot read.Or who use a shredder instead of working on the evidence.

We have the finest Military in the world and it was the finest when each one of you served.

Lets not allow the VA itself to make us feed into this type of animosity-

To divide and conquer -has been proven for centuries of warfare -to work.