VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reduction In Rating

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello All Hoipe All Is Well

When I recieved my Rating notice along with something that appears like a SSOC upon one year of convalesense a review of TKR they have speculated a reduced rating by 20 %

I will obtain an opinion of course what I do not understand even with TKR in hopes of a better quality of life and hopefully pain free.

How can the RO make such a statement prior to the year being up? I find this quite arrogant.

Thank you for your feed back

They have also rescheduled a new C+P exam due to the past three exams are and have been found to inadequate and i did challenge these exams and RO never responded because I showed the exams to an outside physician his opinion clearly showed that the exams were not followed according to clinicians guide.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I had my TKR in 08, and 1 year later they had me come in for the post-op examination. During the exam the Dr examined the ROM of the knee, which he flexed my leg from the knee 3 times and the 3rd time showed less ROM than the first one. I also told him my knee would buckle about 4 times a week with a lot of pain. Three months later, I was increased to 60% which really surprised me cause I never put in for an increase.

What I don't understand is, how can they propose a reduction when you haven't even had your post-op examination yet! Or did you?

The post-op exam usually tells if the surgery was anything less than 100% success. Which means, any residuals at all classifies 30% and could increase to 60% if the residuals allow. "Anything less than 100% success" is their own words in the regs. The fact you still have pain is enough to beat this!

I wouldn't worry to much about this, as they are jumping the gun without any evidence.

Coot