VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope/hoppy

Rate this topic

deanbrt

In seeing Yulooking;'s e mails this week I was struck by the fact I was a couple of days behind him. While he saw on Ebenefits BVA had been closed and a dispatch sent on Monday, I saw it Wednesday. Like him, I could not stand the suspense and called Friday and was told verbally my appeal had been "allowed". Today the brown envelope arrived confirming that my secondary to service connected has been granted by the VLJ at BVA.

First, I want to write that my appeal went all the way up to CAVC where it was remanded to BVA in the late fall of 2009. At the time I appealed to CAVC my guess would be perhaps 30 law firms came out of the woodwork proposing to represent me. I became aware that at CAVC if the attorney can find any reason for remand CAVC themselves pay them for their services. So they look for any small reason for a remand and then leave you hanging. To my sorrow, I selected the one with the flashiest brochure and words "we get things done fast". I could say the name and you all would know, but I won't. After three years of carelessness and inattention, verbal abuse and non-communication they offered to withdraw in January and I accepted. A whacked out guy from CA named Hoppy looked over my appeal and wrote an argument for my appeal that may have made the difference in the rest of my life.

I do want to say this about BVA. In 2009 they processed my appeal within the 240 days someone referenced. My remanded appeal went back to them Feb. 15 of this year. The VLJ decided within 5 weeks. It was Pending Dispatch for two weeks and mailed to me this Wednesday. Contrast that with what you read about the DRO time frames.

Lastly if you are lucky enough (and I mean damned lucky) to have a guy named Hoppy help you, you just might be ok.....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you you found Hoppy here and he had the time to help you. He does help vets here and when he does he knows his "stuff" and it usually turns out favorably for the vet. Nice to read some positive results.

Vetinpa, I would rather not say the VARO. I felt unfairly treated there.

Halos2. Hoppy's argument in my defense probably carried the day.

6 years. DO NOT GIVE UP..........

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use